GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the thread size of the sending unit for the oil pressure light,
also anyone know of a place to get a dual sending unit (and oil pressure gauge) that will work the light and and a oil pressure guage. This would be for a 2005 1800 wing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If it were me, I'd go down to the local hardware store and pick up "T" fitting and screw the OEM sending unit and the new unit into it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Working from my Auto Mechanic experience...
IIRC it's 1/8" PIPE thread. Very common for most all oil presure guages and fittings.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I put an oil pressure gauge on my 1500. The thread out of the engine was a metric thread. I don't remember the size. I couldn't use a T fitting and 2 senders right there because of the space required so I installed a metric/npt adapter then a T with one sender on one leg of the T and then a 10" hose with another sender on the end of that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oil Pressure Gauge

Can someone tell me where the sending unit would be
located on the engine?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Can you give me till this afternoon and I will look it up for you. I want a oil temp gauge. Iam more concerned about temp than pressure on the oil side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oil pressure sending unit

Oil pressure sending unit is located above the oil filter.

Someone told me that the thread size is 10mm x.9 metric, but can't find any metric that size, only 10mm.x 1 ??????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts