GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My oil pressure light comes on when I first turn the ignition key on, it doesn't go out until I start the engine but doesn't come back on while riding. Faulty pressure switch or is something else going on..thoughts?

Jim

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
That is how it is supposed to work. It is how you check the bulb.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
If it comes on while the engine is running, then you have a problem and immediate engine shutdown is required to save your bearings.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, My thought was, the light would come on and go out prior to starting the engine (like the F1 light) i'm new to the wing but if that light is working as it should, no worries.
Thanks again

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
Thanks guys, My thought was, the light would come on and go out prior to starting the engine (like the F1 light) i'm new to the wing but if that light is working as it should, no worries.
Thanks again
The FI light does that to indicate it has finished its system test before you start the engine. :thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
:roll::roll: I ALWAYS HAVE. OIL LITE STAYS ON TILL IT COMES UP TO PRESSURE ! SHOULD BE ABOUT A BLINK OF YOUR EYES ! :bow::bow:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Crap, if everyone read the manual we wouldn't this board. :lol:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
yeah, but the owner's manual doesn't have anything in it about crush washers - so the board will continue. :thumbup::lol:

·
Vendor
21,892 Posts
yeah, but the owner's manual doesn't have anything in it about crush washers - so the board will continue. :thumbup::lol:
In the oil change section on page 180 of my 2012 owners manual it says:

" 11. Check the condition of the sealing washer on the engine oil drain bolt. Replace the washer every other time the oil is changed."

·
Registered
20,952 Posts

" 11. Check the condition of the sealing washer on the engine oil drain bolt. Replace the washer every other time the oil is changed."
:oops: with 425,000 miles mine has been replace twice :lol:

·
Registered
7,522 Posts

:oops: with 425,000 miles mine has been replace twice :lol:
cycle dude, you need to change your oil more often :shock:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

That crush washer thing is overrated anyhoo! :joke:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hmmmm, your owners manual must be different then my 02. Page 128, item 11.... word for word exactly like Fred's 2012... same item number as well!! It's ok to admit you haven't really read your owners manual. It's a guy thing, rarely done except in extreme circumstances. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts