GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I don't want to start the oil topic but I have a question.
I have a Honda Valkyrie F6C from 2014. mileage of 2000 miles and I want to pour into the AMSoil MCT 10W30 engine. I have a question, did any of you use this oil and how many kilometers did you use this oil?
I read in this forum, one person in this oil had to rebuild the gearbox. So I don't know if this oil is suitable. I can buy Motul 300V 10w40 at my price in Poland.
Thank you for your reply and best regards from Poland.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I have used Amsoil 10W-40, not 10W-30. in my 2013 F6B.
The transmission started to shift noisily and a bit clunky once the oil was used about 2k km.
Your F6C has the updated transmission.
The Amsoil 10W-30 should be just fine.
I don't use synthetic oil in my F6B any more, and the transmission shifts smoothly and quietly for the 8k km that I ride before changing it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
In 2014 Honda redesigned the transmission's gears to use a different type of engagement (high and low dogs for the older style, high dogs only for the redesign.)
Also, 4th and 5th gears were also redesigned with harder and more durable steel.
I have ridden a '14 F6C, and its transmission is so smooth and quiet compared to my '13.

·
Vendor
16,404 Posts
Hello
I don't want to start the oil topic but I have a question.
I have a Honda Valkyrie F6C from 2014. mileage of 2000 miles and I want to pour into the AMSoil MCT 10W30 engine. I have a question, did any of you use this oil and how many kilometers did you use this oil?
I read in this forum, one person in this oil had to rebuild the gearbox. So I don't know if this oil is suitable. I can buy Motul 300V 10w40 at my price in Poland.
Thank you for your reply and best regards from Poland.
The best oil for 5th gens continues to be Honda's conventional GN4 oil.

Here is a current thread, and his issue may be caused by synthetic oil.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm Gregg, you may have something here: recently, I replaced my oil with a synthetic blend oil, and now before, I start it when cold, I hear the starter turning over and not the engine starting, I just release the starter button, and push it again and she starts immediately.....Looks like I'm going to replace that synthetic blend with the conventional GN4 oil..(like you advised) ..and I only have under 500 miles since the last oil filter change...Glad I'm a changohlic cause this only feeds my addition....
Ronnie

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm Gregg, you may have something here: recently, I replaced my oil with a synthetic blend oil, and now before, I start it when cold, I hear the starter turning over and not the engine starting, I just release the starter button, and push it again and she starts immediately.....Looks like I'm going to replace that synthetic blend with the conventional GN4 oil..(like you advised) ..and I only have under 500 miles since the last oil filter change...Glad I'm a changohlic cause this only feeds my addition....
Ronnie
That's a ridiculous assumption/conclusion. At that logic mine with full synthetic shouldn't start/turn over at all. And the transmission should have failed by now.

·
Vendor
16,404 Posts
That's a ridiculous assumption/conclusion. At that logic mine with full synthetic shouldn't start/turn over at all. And the transmission should have failed by now.
I'm not saying that at all; however, for some you are absolutely correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts