GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 5w40 synthetic oil cause any problems when used in the 'Wing? I got some Shell Rotella T (blue bottle) before I realized it's not mentioned in the manual to use that weight.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Tom Wilson has used that very oil in his bike for over 150,000 miles; he has well over 200,000 on the clock.
Another board member just traded his 190,000-mile bike in; yup, it was fed 5w-40 Rotella T from the blue bottle.
I use it too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great to hear then! Before I read these responses I tried to go back and find a 10w40 or 15w40 and couldn't. Both Walmarts didn't have it and neither did the Target or PepBoys. I feel better now, thanks!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
After some lenghty discussions here, and a lot of helpful input, I too have choosen the Rotella. Havn't put it in yet.....but probably will before the weekend..................anyone riding around here?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
steve s said:
After some lenghty discussions here, and a lot of helpful input, I too have choosen the Rotella. Havn't put it in yet.....but probably will before the weekend..................anyone riding around here?
Sunday for us. Toyo too, I think.
Weather lady says it will be pretty harsh out though --- 71 degrees and partly cloudy... :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts