1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Here we go.............:22yikes::lol:

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
I’m getting ready to change my oil, what is the best oil made for the GL1800???? :?:
Here's my little secret: Go down to one of those places that accepts used motor oil, sometimes you have to go after hours, and wait for someone to drop off a gallon of the oil that they took out of their car, motorhome, tractor, boat- whatever. Chances are that that oil will have only a few thousand miles on it. Take that oil home and use it in your bike. Save you lots of money and hey! It good for the environment as well! You may want to get you a new filter every now and then but that up to you.

Then the next time that someone wants to start up an oil thread, all you have to do is say "Well I have been using XXX XXX XXX brand of oil now for 400,000 miles and ever since I started using it not only does my bike run smoother and shift better, but I no longer get cupping in my tires and as a bonus more women have started to notice me as well!

So see? It is a win-win for you. Trust me.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
Amsoil, or some other brand synthetic.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I can't blame the OP for his question because this board does not allow a search with only three (3) letters. Therefore, you cannot do a search for "oil".

FIX IT !!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I can't blame the OP for his question because this board does not allow a search with only three (3) letters. Therefore, you cannot do a search for "oil".

FIX IT !!
Search: "best engine lube" You'll get plenty of oil info.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
And I say

1. Mazola corn oil
2. Melted Crisco
3. Pure Virgin Olive oil from Sicily
4. Pure Virgin Olive oil from Tuscany
5. Non Virgin promiscouse oil from California

Any of the above will do....#5 is the most fun.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
And I say

1. Mazola corn oil
2. Melted Crisco
3. Pure Virgin Olive oil from Sicily
4. Pure Virgin Olive oil from Tuscany
5. Non Virgin promiscouse oil from California

Any of the above will do....#5 is the most fun.
Is that like a synthetic blend?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I’m getting ready to change my oil, what is the best oil made for the GL1800???? :?:
On the off chance that you are serious, I won't say it is the best but I use Mobile 1 10W-40 4T Racing full synthetic. Advance Auto carries it in VA.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I added Slick-50 a couple of years ago, drained that oil out the next spring and don't even need to use oil anymore.

prs

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If I'm popping my bike I like canola. It leaves a slight buttery flavor that the kids really love. For frying I still like Crisco. It's dependable and blendable and leaves a nice crust on the crush washer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.