GL1800Riders Forums banner

What type of rear tire are you running on your Wing?

• RunFlat (CT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-RunFlat (CT)

• Motorcycle tire of choice (MT)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since non-funflats have been a topic of discussion, let's see how the trend on the choice of type of tires has changed.

Please, not a whizzing contest here. You don't have to defend your choice of tires, only that you do have at least two.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Thanks Murgie!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ran the Kumho over 13,000 miles. Then the Pirelli over 13,000 now I am fixing to change back to the kumho this coming weekend. For my riding style its run flats.:thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Spike did you like the pirelli

·
Registered
361 Posts
A run flat tire on the rear trumps any other tire for the sake of safety.
Guess you missed the part about just report what your using!

And the whizzing has begun!!!!!

I have a stone 709 on the front and one of those extremely dangerous Falkens on the rear, What was that sound?? Sh*t, My Goldwing just exploded, Damm Non Run Flat tires!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
No whizzing.

I wanted to vote for a tractor tire because my tractor tires say "Not for highway use" on them. That would give the naysayers something valid to whine about.;) But instead, i voted for what I use.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of an aircraft tire Travel!:lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I like my Sunny!:thumbup:
G-Max is a good cruising tire for me!:thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hard to answer this one. Currently on a Falken nrf but just ordered a Kumho rf for our 3 week vacation pulling a camper out west. It'll be my second CT and it wouldn't be fair not to at least try both types. Sure do love that Falken though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If I have a tire getting soft, I can feel it in my butt and the way my bike feels. I am not to lazy to stop right then and plug and air it back up. I do not ride on till I find someone to fix it for me. I do not use just any NRF.:coolit:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I will probably mount a run flat next year when I change the current rear out.

That being said, I will not change the current non RF out until next year.

I'm happy with what I have.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Murgie how do I vote

I run everything ?? And always will :thumbup:Runflat,non,bike,Korean,Asia, even shopping bags ;) you know I could care less it's only a tire . Please help me decide which way to vote ;)

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I run everything ?? And always will :thumbup:Runflat,non,bike,Korean,Asia, even shopping bags ;) you know I could care less it's only a tire . Please help me decide which way to vote ;)

It has to be round and black. Walmart doesn't have black shopping bags.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I am running the Run flat....But I have run a non run flat...Goodyear Assurance triple tred...It did great....But i did keep thinking about the non run flat a lot...So I got a run flat this last time.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You seem to like the NonRunFlats the best, that is what I would vote.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
There is a difference between a "vote" and a "survey."
This was presented as a survey of facts, not opinions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts