GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'07 GL1800. 29 inch inseam and not getting any taller. I have installed the Kury heel-toe shifter, don't want the floorboards. I need to stretch out some on the longer rides, my knees just complain too much about being always bent in order to keep my feet on the driver's foot pegs. I'm hesitant about which highway pegs to install, I definitely need something that comes back far enough for me to be able to reach 'em. Oh, yeh, I don't want to drain my IRA to pay for them.

I know there will be a lot of different opinions on this subject, just keep in mind that I want to be able to reach them comfortably, be able to keep my feet on them without constantly readjusting my foot position, and I hope to not break the bank to get 'em.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Well, if you want cheap, buy Kury if you do not mind the gynocological riding position. Myself, I prefer Mic-O-Pegs. There is nothing out there cheap unless you find something used on EBay. There are countless threads right here on this very board if you would do a search.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I tried cheap. Several times.

Could have just bought the Mics by then.

Nothing beats them. You can try these and those. None of them are worth much.

The Mics are the way to go. The only way actually for comfort and function.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Kurys on my 2010 with the 6" extensions. I also have 29" inseams.

I liked the post above about the gynocological riding position. It is true but that is the reason I like them. When I'm using them my knees are high enough that I can rest my wrists on my knees and steer with my fingertips. That not only gives my butt a different riding position but my hands as well.

Just something to think about.

Whatever you end up with make sure it gives you a totally different riding position than the standard foot pegs. Having two radically different riding positions sure helps on long rides.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
mop

another M-O-P vote here. They came with my 03 when I bought it. The PO was taller than my 29" inseam, and they made me feel like I was stretching. Talking to the company owner was very helpful. They were willing to help and did. The quality of the product is great (never hear about pot-metal breaking or chrome peeling). They are sturdy and you can count on being satisfied by their customer service. It would be easy to say that they are well worth the price, but more important to me is that I feel like I got more than my money's worth. They do everything, I think, that makes a product worthwhile. When I talked to them, they had a decent selection of slightly used merchandise too.

Richard

ps. I have mine set so that I can ride with my feet on the pegs or straighten my knees totally and hook my heels over them.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I wonder if there is enough room for the Mic-O-Peg with a heel toe shifter. I don't know that there isn't, perhaps someone here knows.

I don't have the heel toe shifter and I have the Kury boards mounted on the horizontal bars. The earlier post about Kury spreading your legs apart is right on and I am comfortable with that position, I does give your legs a break. In fact I'll say that for me I am very comfortable with my feet up but, what I don't like about the Kury position is that it gets my legs out in the hot radiator air flow and when it's hot I over heat. This might not be a problem for some but does bother me so in time when the money is available I will be going with the Mic-O-Pegs KD and perhaps using the G legs.

Maybe you could find a used set of pegs in the classified section then try and see if that will work for you. The boards I have come back far enough that I think your 29" legs would have no problem reaching. I'm a 32" with room to spare.

Bryan

·
Registered
624 Posts
The only REAL answer: Mic-O-Pegs.....:bow::biker::yes:
Ride Comfortable and God Bless.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I went with the Rivco foot rests. I've had them on for a bit over 45k miles. I have them mounted on the verticle part of the crash bar so as to not reduce my cornering ground clearance.

I too have a 29" inseam. I can easily reach them to fold them up/down. When placing my feet on the rests, my knees are slightly bent. If I extend my legs all the way out, I my heal will rest on the top edge of the foot rest. They work very well for me.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board that's been down this road.

1) Bought the Kury ISO pegs and 6 inch arms.........too long, couldn't get comfortable.

2) Bought the 4 inch arms, better but didn't like the feel of my feet possibly falling off the peg at highway speeds.

3) Bought Baker leg and hand wings...........wings now hit shins with short arms and Kury pegs.

4) Bought new boots, Chippewa Super loggers, thick sole, big heel, shins now REALLY hit lower wings, very uncomfortable, have to ride with boots on sides of pegs to be "somewhat" comfortable. Heat on calves was unbearable.

5) Bought flat boards to replace the pegs, more comfortable but still not what I wanted and still bang shins on wings. Feet don't fit flat on boards even at an angle, back of boot drags in turns as it's not all that way on the board...........(see hitting shin on lower wing)

6) Took flat boards off and back to short arms and pegs.........hoping to snap one off so the SO lets me buy a new set of pegs.

Buying Mic O Pegs next, spent way too much money on Kury stuff that doesn't feel good, ride good or last long ( pitted and rusted, two years old)...............I should've listened to the boys on the board about the pegs in the first place....................I've spent my IRA just trying to get comfortable and would have been way ahead of the game just buying the MOP in the first place. 31 inch inseam.

BTW, the Kury pegs put way too much pressure on my tail bone as my feet are too high, so I've spent a fortune now trying to get my tailbone from not hurting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
highway pegs

what do you have to say about some flip out pegs that bolted to the valve cover bolts and were almost flat when shut. if I remember right they were billit specailty brand?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts