GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

Got my CT mounted yesterday (yea me!) and forgot to ask the guy that did the mounting to put the Dynabeads in. Hey, no problem- I do it next day. Well after riding the bike home I figured that maybe I don't need to put those beads in after all because I was having a nice smooth ride. But this morning I figured what the hey, I got them might as well use them. So 20 minutes after I started I had 2 oz in the front and 3 oz in the back and went for another ride. Wow! I did not want to come home! Maybe not smooth as riding on glass but smooth as riding on marble anyway!

So they work, and work well. Thanks guys for the info on Dynabeads. Now if you will excuse me, I have some riding to do! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Used 2 in front and 3 in rear but I think 2 & 2 is what the Dyna beads site recommends. Can someone verify? I had 2 & 2 on my previous tires and put in 2 & 3 on my new tires. My 35-40 wobble is really bad so I was thinking the 3 in the rear could be the problem. When I got the new tires and did the 2 & 3 it was smooth. Now the wobble is really bad. I can even feel it with my hands on the bars. Getting the full monty in a week or so. Hope that if the final fix.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I think you have a bad tire. My 08 was great then it started to wobble as the tire wore. New tire and no wobble.
Only have 4k on the tire. Sure gets expensive if that is the cause but not as expesive as a suspension upgrade. If the upgrade does not cure the problem may be new tire time if I cannot wait for it to wear out. It was time for new fork springs and rear shock, 58k on bike, so I just decided to go the entire way with the Full Monty. This is my last bike unless a new Wing comes out that is irresistable.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Thanks for verfying. Makes me feel better.
Now you made me question it and good that you did.

I guess I didn't buy off the dynabead site because the site I bought from did not have a chart like the Dynabead site does. The one I bought from just had a blanket statement for motorcycles staying 2 in front 3 in back. Dynabead splits it up for the size you run.

Front
80 - 120 mm tire width 1 oz
80 - 120 mm tire width (BMW Telelever only) 2 oz
130 mm tire width 2 oz
Rear
130 mm - 240 mm width 2 oz
250 mm - 360mm tire width 3 oz
195 - 205 car tires on the rear 3 oz

http://innovativebalancing.com/mobile/chart_spec.php?moto=1

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That's right. The OP has a CT so 3oz rear is correct for him. 2oz would be correct for a rear OEM sized MT on a Wing.

Now you made me question it and good that you did.

I guess I didn't buy off the dynabead site because the site I bought from did not have a chart like the Dynabead site does. The one I bought from just had a blanket statement for motorcycles staying 2 in front 3 in back. Dynabead splits it up for the size you run.

Front
80 - 120 mm tire width 1 oz
80 - 120 mm tire width (BMW Telelever only) 2 oz
130 mm tire width 2 oz
Rear
130 mm - 240 mm width 2 oz
250 mm - 360mm tire width 3 oz
195 - 205 car tires on the rear 3 oz

http://innovativebalancing.com/mobile/chart_spec.php?moto=1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts