GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please no snikering, laughing or gfawing..... Tell me, in your own, non-scientific way how/when(speed, turn radius) your front tire 'Lost" traction in a turn, and then... how you corrected that "almost" horrible outcome.....

Thank you,

Matt(BCNV):cool:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Please no snikering, laughing or gfawing..... Tell me, in your own, non-scientific way how/when(speed, turn radius) your front tire 'Lost" traction in a turn, and then... how you corrected that "almost" horrible outcome.....

Thank you,

Matt(BCNV):cool:

Did you skid on gravel? Was your speed maybe too high? I've hit sand or gravel in a turn and had the front tire start to slide I just let go of the throttle and touched the rear brakes slightly. Main thing is don't over correct the front wheel, slow down as quickly and calmly as you can.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Off the throttle and feather the clutch. All you can hope for if the front breaks loose is it will grab again. Hold your line and do your best not to panic. I hit a patch of frac sand. Kinda like mini ball bearings. They are shaped and sized. It was a wild second that lasted a long time.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If your talking junk on the road, do just what the other has said.
Now if your talking the front tire slidding on dry, clean pavement, I wouldn't be to worried about that, because the inside rear tire will lift most of the time. Oh that something you should know( when the inside tire will lift ) and a parking lot is a good place to find that out. Start out slow and slowly speed up and make smaller and smaller turns until you be feel the tire spin. And go both ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts