GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did, in 31 degrees at 06:30 - 07:15. Come on Global Warming...

·
Registered
164 Posts
-8 when I left the house this morning, so the bike stayed in the garage :wrong:

Actually I don't even start riding until April. More to wait until the salt and sand from winter road clearing has had a chance to be washed off the road than because of the temerature. Oh well, each area has it's pluses and minuses.

·
Inquisitive Member
204 Posts
why not, only 18 this fine clear morning in marietta, ga.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did , like 4 degrees with the wind chill in Carneys Point, NJ .. I ride into Delaware to work .. Was not bad with my Grebing heated clothes ...

Scott
08 DARK RED COMFORT/NAVI

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I did, low of around 36 in Marco. Yeah my heated seat and grips worked.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
I don't ride unless it's above freezing. I don't want to be the headache on the road to the rest of the people trying to get to work. Not worth the chance.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I don't ride unless it's above freezing. I don't want to be the headache on the road to the rest of the people trying to get to work. Not worth the chance.

Good point.

This also goes for these hero's who say they ride in 10-20 degree weather.

I always felt like there's a limit when it comes to riding in cold temps, and this is also taught in MSF school.

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
Good point.

This also goes for these hero's who say they ride in 10-20 degree weather.

I always felt like there's a limit when it comes to riding in cold temps, and this is also taught in MSF school.
They shut down 71 (both directions) this morning because of so many accidents due to slick/black ice conditions. That's in 4 wheel vehicles. Imagine what a headache it would cause if 2 wheelers were coming through that area? To me, it's inconsiderate of others trying to get their daily grind over with. If you want to prove the manliness, do it when it's not rush hour.

·
Registered
91 Posts
37 degrees this morning but in the upper 60's by afternoon and in the 70's thru the weekend. No heated clothing for me.... I only live 3 miles from work. Looks like a trip for some Arkansas roads for the weekend.:thumbup: Doug

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Rode yesterday a cool 60
68 today
69 Friday
75 on Sat-Wahoooooo:excited:

·
Registered
330 Posts
It was -23 degrees celsius when i got up and now is all the way up to -15 degrees. Not a bad temperature for us canadians to ride but the 2 feet of snow is a bit of a detterent.

3 more months

have fun

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm no "hero" and I'm not trying to be. With my screwy work schedule I have to ride when I can or let the bike sit in the garage for weeks or months at a time. If it's not raining and there's no ice on the rode I ride. So far the coldest has been 16* but with full Gerbings why would I let the temperature dictate when I ride? I know it's usually not possible for you guys up North (ice/snow/salt/etc.:snow1:) but here in the South we just don't get the sloppy weather y'all do. No heroism just a reality.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I did, first time the wing has turned a wheel in over two months, just a short spin around my town.
The rest of the UK is under a blanket of snow and ice but where I live we had rain last night and the roads were dry and salt free for the first time in ages, gotta love that Gulf Stream that keeps our climate pretty much snow free, heck even the last ice age wimped out when it got as far as south Dorset. ;)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Ride

I ride to work every day, 15 miles. Lowest temp so far has been 15*. Only thing that parks my wing is snow or ice. I have no heated grips, seat or cloths. Now....if I were having to ride over 50 miles, might be a different story, but for 15 miles it does not get all that cold riding.

·
Registered
204 Posts
:-( Not today. It 6*f right now, 1:00pm. I was able to ride Christmas day and one other time since. If we can get the ice off the driveway/roads...I'm thinking there's a good chance for some MC bonding this weekend - forecast of 50* cloudy Ohio degrees. Man, I'm hoping it works out that way!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts