GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Does Anybody know if the new GPS will retrofit the older bikes....cuz i freakin want one ,,,,finally they give us something i dont have and can use !!!!......I want to see the storm before it kicks my ASS!!!!!!! NO WHAT I MEAN!!!!!......as for the xm i allready have that ,,,that goes for the tire pressure sensor ,,,Got that too and love it,,,,SMART TIRE ROCKS well it did till they stopped making it for bikes...Although BULLDOG HATE'S IT!!!!!....He wont touch one.....but it does work wouldnt leave home with out it!!!!!...SOME ONE PLEASE HOOK ME UP CUZ IM BLUE WITH ENVY!!!!!!...A GPS i will pay for a new bike to get the new gps NOT!!!!!

·
Vendor
21,562 Posts
I don't think anybody has tried, but I looked one day at the fiche for the GPS board and was surprised to see it was only a couple hundred bucks.

But I'm pretty doubtful it could be done. I know they also made changes to the audio unit, and I think the meter panel as well, and you would also need the XM antenna, which is mounted under the dash on the 09, as well as the firmware and SD card to make it run.

I also would NOT suggest you get a Zumo if you want weather data, because they do NOT show the radar data, which is probably what you are after, and is the most desirable feature.

You would probably be money ahead to just buy a Garmin 376c, 378c, or 478c. The resolution of the radar screens on those units is actually better than what you get on the 09 Nav screen, and it would be portable and cost less. I saw some 378c models on sale during Christmas for around $600. You might shop around, I think you can pick them up pretty cheap now.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
need radar!!!!!as i all ready have bluetooth with all the fancy stuff ect.!!!!!as i have the 06 with everything but the airbag!!!

·
Vendor
21,562 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think fred is a salesman for garmin (secretly)...2 garmins on a bike is 1 garmin to many.......that would equal 2700.00 for garmin..not including updates,,,thats just wrong.,,,as this technolgy was out there when the 06's came out ,,,the nt map system is not new i have it on all my car units...looks like they are trying to get away from the none nt map system to save money!!!!!.....sd cards are cheaper than the ones in the older units (cant remember what its called cuz i am to lazy to walk down stairs to find out!!!)...sd's are much smaller!!!!!...those are in my camrea's so god knows i have plenty of them laying around.......so i guess i will be the first to try and make the switch ...senor ginnie pig!!!!!,,,,,,,if i can figure out how i will take one of my lorance's of one of my boats that has the radar feature maybe i go that way because i all ready own them!!!,,,but then theres that big ass antenna,,,,,,nothing worth while is easy!!!!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT DOES WEATHER ,,,BUMMER LOOKS NICE THOUGH....Looks like the weather antenna runs 200.00 plus your subscription ,,,,,my butt is puckering now ......here we go AGAIN.....!!!!!!..ITS A GOLDWING DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT ....ITS JUST MONEY!!!!!.....I WISH THE SUN WOULD SHINE,,, MY MONEY TREE IS GETTING A LITTLE THIN!!!!!NOWHATIMEAN!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts