GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamont would like us old farts to beat out the younguns with most attendees on the board at one time. Our record (not very proud) is 90.

We tried this a few days ago and fell well short of our goal. The way I can explain that, is that us old fogies were just teasing and practicing and lulling our comprtitors into a comfort zone (this is called strategy...LOL).

We tried a week night at 9:30PM EST. The hour was set, as to allow some of the west coasters to help us out. Also we figured 10 PM was just too dang late for us east coasters. So I think the time is right but the day and pre notification might be wrong.

I would like to hear from you guys & gals to see what will fit the masses the best.

I think that a week from tomorrow (Sunday) @ 9:30 PM might be a reasonable opportunity for us to cross all time zones and allow for the greatest response.

Let me know what you think, and I will tally up the votes and try to please the majority.

Bulldog

G

·
I'll try to be there.....doing the Super Bowl thing with a bunch of people, but I could just leave the computer on and stay logged in to the site.

GO PATS!! :D

Ron
:blw1:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey

Hey Bulldog, what is the age cut off between old fart and young gun? When I get out of bed in the morning I feel like an old fart, but when I get on the bike then the feeling is young gun, Dear Abby, please help, signed Confused... Good Morning everybody...ride safe...Joe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Bulldog, (that's the name of a Beatles song) a week from Sunday
would be the 1st and there's this little football game going on, you may have heard of it, The Superbowl. The telecast may not be over by9:30pm. Whatever day and time works out I'll write a note to remind myself. At this stage of maturity the memory is the second thing to go.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sorry ole pal, my son has invited us over for the superbowl.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Worth a try. I'll have a double Geritol and see if I can stay awake.
And I'm on the West Coast.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot all about the SUPER BOWL, when I wrote this drivel. And you are right, SUPER BOWL RULES.

What does everyone think about Next Saturday at 9:30 pm?

This way we have accommodated Super Bowl Night. Folks on the east coast will be getting ready to tuck it in, and the folks on the left coast, will be sitting down, waiting for the MRS to finish the dishes.

It is totally up to the majority, I have no DAWG in this fight at all. Only thing that I get, is a moment of fame for pulling this off, and maybe a signed autograph from, Lamont, Hal & Mellow....LOL

Let me know. The comments have been positive and intuitive.

Dawg

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Saturday

Lets do it on a Sat. because of the Superbowl. 9 or 9:30 whatever but I think Saturday would be a better day. :yes2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Saturday works for me.

:yw1:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Sat. works out fine for me. I should just be pulling back into the driveway from my ride. Oops!....did I say something wrong.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Bulldog said:
Lamont would like us old farts to beat out the younguns with most attendees on the board at one time.
Bulldog
What is it with this "old fart" talk? Speak for yourself, OK??? :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts