GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will take delivery of a 2012 Ultra Blue Level 3 GL1800. It's been 2 years since I first rode a Goldwing but now finally the day has come. I am trading in my 2007 Ultra Classic for what I believe is simply the best touring bike out there, especially for someone who rides a lot with his favorite passenger. I've been mulling this decision for a long time of course but after riding the newest version of this bike and having the wife fall in love with it as well I was offered a deal I simply couldn't refuse. Kind of a bittersweet ride home from work tonight and after I'm done with this post it's off to the garage to start removing a lot of non factory accesories. Can't say that I'm real unhappy with the Harley, it's been a faithful if occasionally tempermental ride, it's just clear to me that we will be happier on the 'Wing. I have found myself on this site more than the Harley sites these last few months and look forward to spending even more time here. I'll post pics as soon as I can, don't know if I'll stop riding long enough tomorrow to actually get any good shots. The next 17 hours are going to DRAG!!!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Elwood,

Did you get the "Blues" color "Brother"? :lol:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Let me be the 1st to say CONGRATS!!!! to you 3. The 'Wing, you, and the bride. Enjoy the ride. :congrats:

·
Registered
307 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride. I'm sure you and the wife will enjoy. No riding here right now for us. It's 107 right now and the same forecasted for the next week.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow!

Congratulations Elwood, Your gonna love your new ride. Oh wait, you already do... I can feel the anticipation in your post. I looked at a red/silver one this morning but I think I'll keep my '01. I couldn't see how you could get a full helmet in the saddle bag though, I thought I read that somewhere...

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
You will love the Wing. If you've been on this site, you know there's a lot of Harley haters here. I'm not one, I think they are beautiful and good bikes but they are not a Wing...Nothing can beat a Wing at touring. Have fun and enjoy the new bike! Pics when you can!

·
Registered
559 Posts
tic ... tic .... tic ....

It's getting closer !!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Sir, you have a very smart wife! Congratulations, it is the BEST touring bike in the world, ride safe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, as far as touring bikes, the GW is the better bike. But there is totally different feeling between the two.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Kind of a bittersweet ride home from work tonight
Know that feeling. Been only three weeks that I traded in my Vulcan 1500 that had hauled me all over the U.S. for seven years. Trust me, you won't have the new Wing very long before you stop thinking about the old bike. I predict it'll happen the first time you really crack open the throttle.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:congrats: You'll never look back...

Safe Rides

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:on you're new ride Elwood!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Dude, you better pull your helmet straps extra tight because after about three hours your wife is going to be boxing your ears left and right with cries of "why the hell didn't you get one of these Wing things years ago".....don't say we didn't tell ya so!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet!

I'm jealous! Enjoy the new ride. You'll love it and we all know we have to keep 'em happy. Hope you can sleep tonight cuz if it were me get a new blue machine tomorrow ambien might be needed!:congrats:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the fraternity of Goldwing owners.

I hope you and your wife enjoy every minute of every ride on your wing.

I'm a newcomer to Goldwing ownership but absolutely love mine. I've put a little over 18,000 miles on it since January 17th and am planning another trip in a few weeks. Once you ride one a little you feel like there is no limit to the distance you can travel or the numbers of days you can stay on the road. They are truly great touring machines.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not only :congrats: on the new wing, but welcome to the 2012 owners club of sorts...have only had mine 2 weeks today, can't make a comparison to the previous model 18's but I'm really enjoying this 1800 :biker:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts