GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about a CT awhile back and did nothing about it. Now I'm looking at my back tire (Bridgestone) which was put on last August. Its not wore out but it leaving me fast, maybe a few thousand miles left. That means the tire would have given me 7 to 8 thousand miles of service. Enough is enough I want to ride without thinking I will need a new tire soon.

I have read the posts on the Michelin CT and I am leaning towards this one. Has anyone run this tire year round since I believe it is a winter tire? Or is there a better one since I do live in Georgia which isn't really too cold in the winter?

The size I am looking at is the 195-55-16.....This is correct right? Tire wanted is a Run Flat.
And if anyone is familiar with where I can have this tire mounted near Blairsville Georgia let me know.

All comments are welcome.

Mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Size is right. Run flat is good. Only difference for me is I run a Pirelli Eufori.

It's been a good tire for me so far.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I just took this one off the bike... Had really good run... I ran the pressure a lot higher then usual for a more spirited handling so didn't quite get the normal miles out of it but run it at 30 pounds and depending on your riding style you should get 15-20K... Cheers.... :doorag:

Winter 210 SnowSport RFT(Performance Winter/Snow)

Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Click thumbnails to view above. Most approximate photos shown View Full Screen Photo.

Set of 4: $532.00

Add To Cart Shipping Quote Add to Wish List

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have not run that tire, but I have run qa winter tire all summer. You will find they do great!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mike, Whatever you decide to put on, Wal-Mart in Murphy will mount it. You could also see if the W/M in Blairsville will mount it. Semper-fi Mike

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Marine-MP I remember we talked last time I asked some questions, this time I'm going to do it.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts