GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets try this...
Most of the rear ends of Trike conversion are simular <sp> in the moulding of the fiberglass, shape, etc, how would you change them so that there is a little more individuality agressiveness in the styling of the rear ends.

Note Im not talking about adding chrome, or such, im talking about something like the fact the CSC has Backup lights. that (while being functional) adds character to the styling.

First thing I would do is redesign the taillights, the stoc kones are nice but there is a little more room for creativity. Like a full width light bar ??
Also Hannigans Spoiler is a VERY nice touch.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
CJ, I don't think we are ignoring your post. I just think most of us are not real quick on the uptake when it comes to design. To be honest, I don't know what I would do w/ the ass end of the trike. No doubt, it can be better, and no doubt it can be spiffier. But this old boy is not sure how to make it so.

Larry

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cjmitch:

Why don't you design something different that suits your taste, and spend a couple hundred grand to put it in production. Maybe you can be a millionaire if it becomes a hit. :lol:

Or you could choose among several existing nice designs, pick one and just go riding. Seems to me to be a reasonable option. . :p

If anyone thinks my trike looks like a ducks butt...guess what ?...I couldn't care less. I am known as an as***e by some anyway. So what's new?

Ride safe.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WhiskeryGoofy said:
CJ, I don't think we are ignoring your post. I just think most of us are not real quick on the uptake when it comes to design.
Well I never thought anyone was ignoring the post, I just thought a fresh start on the idea was in order.

Just tring to start what I "thought" would be an interesting "what if " sort of topic... But according to the (self described, but agreed apon) A$$hole above, we shouldnt talk about or suggest anything, just pick one, buy it ride it and STFU. :roll:

I'll be watching for the next time someone else suggests something cosmetic, to see what kind of reaction he presents.
Sheesh!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cjmitch said:
Well I never thought anyone was ignoring the post, I just thought a fresh start on the idea was in order.
Don't get upset, there's just not much we can come up with quickly. Besides, you didn't even post a picture of your trike and what you have done to it to make it different.

I see a lot of variance in the design of the different trike manufacturer’s models. As much as you see in cars today. You wouldn't want a set of '59 Chevy fins on your trike would you? That would be different but not very practical.

Here is a picture of mine again. I added the Honda spoiler, which breaks up the smooth lines of the trunk. I put 10 LEDs on the chrome strip that are tail/turn lights that flash alternately with the turn signals. I think that adds something. But not being a designer, I don't know what I could come up with for a different rear end design that wouldn't just be mimicking an existing car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
CJ - the design is one thing I had to overcome on the DFT...I love Beastie's look, but was convinced by a couple of techies that CSC wasn't the trike for me (not trying to start anything here)...now I see the similarities between the CSC and DFT, with some minor effects. Champion looks very nice, with its contours. I haven't really figured out what any trike manufacturer can do with this piece of fiberglass. To me, my DFT sort of looks like a Corvette rear end, but even that isn't an exact match.

To conclude, I think adding things like backup lights, additional lighting, ala the LEDs, some graphics..it all works to break up the design and personalize it.

This is a good thread...with possibilities...maybe some pics to show what people have done to personalize their trikes....such as the fellow who posted his Champion pics with and without graphics on my thread.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigchief03 said:
CJ - the design is one thing I had to overcome on the DFT...I love Beastie's look, but was convinced by a couple of techies that CSC wasn't the trike for me (not trying to start anything here)...now I see the similarities between the CSC and DFT, with some minor effects. Champion looks very nice, with its contours. I haven't really figured out what any trike manufacturer can do with this piece of fiberglass. To me, my DFT sort of looks like a Corvette rear end, but even that isn't an exact match.

To conclude, I think adding things like backup lights, additional lighting, ala the LEDs, some graphics..it all works to break up the design and personalize it.

This is a good thread...with possibilities...maybe some pics to show what people have done to personalize their trikes....such as the fellow who posted his Champion pics with and without graphics on my thread.
I agree.
IMHO I think all of the manufacturers should scrap the honda lighting. A totally new design with less "fiberglass space would greatly enhance the rear end.

How about this!!!
looking at the bike sideways where the body starts to curve down behind the rear wheels how about what I call a raised lip spoiler sort of what you would see on a Camaro or a Trans am, then with more VERTICAL oriented taillights, like those on the stallion.

Dang I sure wish I had, (and knew how to use photoshop)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cjmitch - we are still waiting for a picture of yours... :chat:

BTW - Yesterday I converted my top box outer lights from tail/brake to tail/turn signal.

It works great. :yes1:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I am not trying to put anyone down or be a smart a$$, but I didn't buy for looks. I want something that will be like the little pink bunny on TV that just keeps going and going. I like to be able to go to Honda and buy any drive line parts I might need, not wait for a new drive shaft to be shipped to me from someplace that makes the kit. Now the smart a-- part, I ride looking foward and have never seen the trike from the back, so therefore I don't care what it looks like. Again I am not trying to up set an one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Brake lights

beastie said:
cjmitch - we are still waiting for a picture of yours... :chat:

BTW - Yesterday I converted my top box outer lights from tail/brake to tail/turn signal.

It works great. :yes1:
Don,, what did you use to change your lights?

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
As for body styles, the Boss Hoss Z-71 pick up truck look always appealed to me, thought it looked cool, and the extra space was a bonus.

Being a short wheelbase and covering the wheels out back, there's not a lot of changes that could be made to the rear end of the trikes, small changes to the trunk area is about it....having to make up for the loss of the saddlebags and the limited area to work with, I think the trike manufacturers have done a good job....

As for the lights, have you'll checked out the rear lights of the CSC kit for the Harley UC???? Now those lights are sweet, old tombstone lights only bigger...with the CSC in chrome in the middle of the light lens....

All the major trike builders are putting out a fine product and looks being the major factor in my decision is why we went with the CSC Cobra, we think it looks the best....to us anyway...

Everyone be safe this season and enjoy the holidays coming up....
is it too early to send Santa my wish list?????? :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts