GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey if there are any Dark siders in this area I need some help. I tried to put on my Kumho tire today and was not able to do it. I could use some help from someone that knows how to do it. It whooped me so bad I couldn't even get the bike back up. I live in Portsmouth

·
Registered
973 Posts
I am going to guess you are talking about installing it on the bike and not mounting it on the wheel.
Did you try letting all the air out of it?
Did you try soaping the sides of the tire to help it slip in?
Did you try varying the position of the hub? Sometimes the mounting studs get in the way.
Did you make sure that there isn't anything getting in the way that needs to be tied back ?
MM

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to guess you are talking about installing it on the bike and not mounting it on the wheel.
Did you try letting all the air out of it?
Did you try soaping the sides of the tire to help it slip in?
Did you try varying the position of the hub? Sometimes the mounting studs get in the way.
Did you make sure that there isn't anything getting in the way that needs to be tied back ?
MM
Yes I did all those things and even the centrmatics are not helping either.

·
Registered
803 Posts
When I put my tire on it seemed that I didn't have enough room. What I did was to lower the rear drive using the pre- load adjustment. It went in fine then.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I put my tire on it seemed that I didn't have enough room. What I did was to lower the rear drive using the pre- load adjustment. It went in fine then.
I had mine set at 25. I guess I am just too old and weak to do it. I did get the new stone on the front though.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Hey if there are any Dark siders in this area I need some help. I tried to put on my Kumho tire today and was not able to do it. I could use some help from someone that knows how to do it. It whooped me so bad I couldn't even get the bike back up. I live in Portsmouth
Wish I was closer (am about 4.5 hours away). I'd come put it on the bike for you.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Same here, I would be very glad to help. You mentioned the Centramatic. Be sure it is not in there until the tire is fully in the wheel well. Only then can you slip in the balancer.
:agree:

·
Registered
57 Posts
need help

Hay give me a call or pm me I live in VA. BCH. I just went dark a couple weeks ago didn't have all that much trouble getting my 195/60/16 dunny on the rear of mine.

Mouse
CMA/PGR/GWRRA/HROT
DS#946

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hay give me a call or pm me I live in VA. BCH. I just went dark a couple weeks ago didn't have all that much trouble getting my 195/60/16 dunny on the rear of mine.

Mouse
CMA/PGR/GWRRA/HROT
DS#946
PM sent and thanks to everyone else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts