GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of speakers for an IPOD from fry's that are going back. They only play one channel from both speakers.

Any luck with the IPOD size speakers? I'm looking for small with reasonable sound. Battery powered is fine.

You guys have really been great on helping out choosing a netbook and a DC powersupply. I'm optimistic that you can do it again on speakers:thumbup:

Thanks!

Daveo

·
Registered
368 Posts
Expensive, but great sound...the Bose portable sound dock. We use it during our camping trips or sitting around the motel pool. Battery or 115v powered. Plug it in and it recharges itself and the Ipod too. About $350.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
How loud do you really want the speakers to be? I got a set of AA powered speakers for my portable DVD I carry in the Roll-A-Home camper that aren't all that loud but can be heard much better than the built in speakers, at of all places Wally World :!: and for $5 Bucks..... they are small and work relatively well for what they are. I haven't tried them yet on the Acer 1. ( May have to do that) I found them in or close to the Auto stuff in the store. They were gift suggestions, in the isle at one time, and in Green boxes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Earphones would be another option. That's about as small and portable as you can get.
Just and idea but you may not want to go that direction.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Expensive, but great sound...the Bose portable sound dock. We use it during our camping trips or sitting around the motel pool. Battery or 115v powered. Plug it in and it recharges itself and the Ipod too. About $350.
+1 for the Bose. Amazing sound. I have one that I use on my back patio and the sound is good enough to enjoy all around the pool area.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is similar to what I found in WalMart for $5..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10779181

Amazingly enough, this is the set I had that didn't work. It played one channel out of both the speakers... I returned it to Frys. it folds up very nice though, and was able to be powered by batteries or your USB cable. I would have kept it if it sounded better. I did get another system from frys that are specifically made for notebooks, the two speakers hang on either side of the monitor and are run completely by the USB port. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MicroInovations Model NB690MM $19.99 at Frys.

Here is a picture of what they look like set on my Acer .

Comes with a driver disk that allows all the fancy effects with it's own control panel. Works with XP and Vista and older stuff under the USB standard. They are USB powered - no batteries and sound pretty good. I'm keeping them.

Yes, that's YouTube. And my favorite Celtic Woman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts