GL1800Riders Forums banner

Who is first to dismount your motorcycle?

• Rider

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Passenger

Votes: 28 59.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other poll has got me wondering who gets off of the motorcycle first. I know that info is in most of the posts to that thread but I would like to see the numbers compiled. So, especially if you voted in that poll but anyone is welcome.

I'm curious.

I'm first on and first off except for a very few specific circumstances.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think it is driven by who is stronger, who is more agile, what infirmities are being dealt with, etc.

My 100 pound wife is agile and flexible, so she literally hops on last and hops off first.

I need the pillion space to swing my bad right knee over from the left side, so i lumber on first and off last.

Reactions: BrokenBackJack

·
Registered
813 Posts
When riding with a co-rider, I'm LOFO.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I said passenger because I have to swing my leg over. Not able to drag my leg off the seat. I would wind up kicking her in the teeth.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If it's my wife she gets off the moto second and when we gets on the moto, she gets on first; she tore a ligament and needed surgery so it is still an issue for her so I give her all the room she needs to lift her leg up and over, while I steady the bike.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hold the bike with the stand down when the GF gets on and off.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yep, stand down and I steady the bike as she mounts first and so when done riding I dismount and set the stand down, steady the bike as she dismounts last.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have always gotten on first and off last, I saw my buddies wife get on first a while back and it just looked awkward.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts