GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the owners manual about 10 times. How do you turn up the volume on the Icom ? S/O, talks real quite and I can't hardly hear her. She seems to hear me just fine though.

Thanks......Dog

04 Titanium.....128 miles so far.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I believe you have to turn the vol up on the radio and that increases the I/C vol.....

·
Registered
20,024 Posts
Push down on the volume control to switch to intercom volume mode. You will have about 4 seconds to turn the control before it switches back to master volume.
Larry

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
After playing around with the right volume setting it finally occured to
me ? :idea: How far was mic from her mouth ? Ta Da ! One
problem solved. I keep mine on about 10 or 11 on the highway, my wife only has the hearing of one ear so I kinda talk loud. I would check the distance from her mouth first then go from there............... :yes2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Icom volume

Thanks guys / gals...looked again and was missing the volume part, only saw the mic mute section. She keeps the mic close enough, but the volume was only on five. Haven't had a ride to check it out on yet since changes.

Polecat......her words of wisdom are usually.....FASTER.....FASTER !

Thanks to all
Dog
04 Titanium

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: Use Psycology

PoleCat said:
If yer going over 90 mph.. chances are she'll give you all the volumn you need.
You only joined this board three days ago and your talking about speeds of 90MPH already. :cop2: Slow down mate, theres no one on this board rides their wing at those crazy speeds. :no: Ahemmm. !!!!!!!

:yes: :rw1: :yes:

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Naughtydog said:
Read the owners manual about 10 times. How do you turn up the volume on the Icom ? S/O, talks real quite and I can't hardly hear her. She seems to hear me just fine though.
Next thing you'll need is a set of mic mutes, so you can kill the wind noise at will!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts