GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moto GP racing from the "Cathedral of Speed" in Assen Holland and it will be broadcast Saturday morning, 7 am on Fox Sports 1 (FS1)

All eyes are on the 21 year old, Marc Marquez to see if he can make this his 8th Grand Prix victory in a row. This season has seen some of the most exciting racing in the last few years.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Not everyone is a Marquez fan, however I will agree the kid can ride. How can you say a year with only one rider winning every race is so exciting,I find it quite boring. The last race was the first really good battle of the year and yet it was still the same outcome.

Go Yamaha!!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The races have been close with many laps where the lead has changed with some spectacular passes.

I like all of the aliens except Pedrossa, don't really know why I don't like him, so I really don't care to much who wins, but right now, I'd like to see part of history being made and see Marquez sweep the series.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The races have been close with many laps where the lead has changed with some spectacular passes.

I like all of the aliens except Pedrossa, don't really know why I don't like him, so I really don't care to much who wins, but right now, I'd like to see part of history being made and see Marquez sweep the series.
I really haven't cared much for Pedrossa since he dive bombed and took out his team mate, Nicki Hayden back in 06? not sure about the date.

I agree that having the same winner all the time can get boring but,,,,,,,,,, there have been periods in history, at the pentacale of road racing in the world, when one guy is simply better than the rest. Like Rossi, or Mick Dooan, or Agostini or Roberts, Stoner etc. All I am saying is to witness history being made by the youngest rider to accomplish this feet is nothing short of amazing. The ultra close, battles, with rubbing and bumping at over 200 mph is nothing short of insane to watch.

And I am a huge Marc Marquez fan and damn proud of it, Go Honda! It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see some one else win, like Rossi, but I am pulling for Marc.

Looks like it is going to be a wet race.

Prayers sent for a safe race.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Saturday race?? Thought it was always on Sunday. Marc is amazing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The last race was fantastic. The Doctor rode a great race, seems the Hondas just have a bit more at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Saturday race?? Thought it was always on Sunday. Marc is amazing.
Assen, Holland race is the only one held on saturday. Its repeated sunday on Fox1. :thumbup:

COME ON !!!! 93!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Moto2 and Moto3

Moto GP racing from the "Cathedral of Speed" in Assen Holland and it will be broadcast Saturday morning, 7 am on Fox Sports 1 (FS1)

All eyes are on the 21 year old, Marc Marquez to see if he can make this his 8th Grand Prix victory in a row. This season has seen some of the most exciting racing in the last few years.

Enjoy.
You want competitive racing ?
Be sure to catch Moto2 and especially Moto3 on FS2 to be aired on Saturday starting at 2:00PM.
INCREDIBLE !

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You want competitive racing ?
Be sure to catch Moto2 and especially Moto3 on FS2 to be aired on Saturday starting at 2:00PM.
INCREDIBLE !
Some of the best racing ever has been moto 3 all season long.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Their throttle control is amazing with the lean angle and speed they achieve ...dragging knee and elbow pucks! A lot of electronics compared to the old 500 GP bikes! They are all amazing to me:bow:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Go old man 46! He is Yamaha's #1 rider this year in spite of the team...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
DVR is set to record...Go 93!

·
Registered
633 Posts
There was some dirt flat track racing on TV a couple weeks ago from Barcelona Spain and Marquez was competing there. He was almost as impressive there. Do not believe the lean angle they are now achieving in Moto GP, at least if they low side it is not far to the ground

·
Registered
113 Posts
I liked watching Marquez in Moto2 a couple of years ago... it was like watching Rossi's rookie season in 2000.
It may seem boring to see Marc win every race, but it is outstanding watching him do it from any where in the pack! I am a huge Rossi fan, and named my son Rossi, but watching Marc Marquez ride is exciting, especially if you raced yourself. You fully understand how remarkable it is for him to do what he does with that bike... Now he just needs to switch manufacturers and do it again, if he wants to be in the same league as the.... G.O.A.T

VALENTINO ROSSI !!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
This may be one of the most interesting race seasons in MotoGP in years! Marquez has been amazing and the racing in the has mostly been very close. Rossi has done great to battle with the kid. The person who said the racing has been boring must have missed the last two rounds. I sure wish American motorcycle road racing would regain some of the popularity it once had. Pretty sad to see the current state of AMA road racing. GO Rossi, go Marquez, go Pedrosa, go Lorenzo, go Nicky, go Crutchlow, go Ianonne, go, Bradle, go, Dovi, go Smith, go Pol, go Aliex, and all that I have missed. I'm a fan of them all....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am totally bummed that MotoGP didn't come to Monterey this year and probably will not return. I certainly understand the business aspect of COTA and Indy being better venues but it was great seeing the finest riders in the world run at Laguna Seca. For those who have been to COTA, do the fans have paddock access like we do at Laguna Seca?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts