GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Hill country area and have my favorite roads here, but lived in DFW area before and had favorites there.

Why don't we post some favorites here?

List the FM or RR or Interstate ?
Last Road Condition scale 1 - 10 (10 being best)
General Location so we can find on a map

GO!:shock:

Old Crow

·
Registered
313 Posts
N & W of DFW

There are a lot of roads that are nice roads up here.

FM 730 from just Decatur to just East of Forestburg traveling South to North. Road condition 8. It's not technical, but it's a nice fun, country road. It is also a a nice jumping off point to get to other great roads. These roads are anywhere from a 5 to a 8 in road condition, depending on where you are on it.

FM 455 to Pilot Point, then you can keep going E to TX 121
FM 922 to Tioga, then you can keep going E on FM 121
FM 1655 to Alvord,
FM 1749 to Sunse, then you can go N on US 287 then W FM 1125
FM 677 to St Jo, from there you can take FM 2382 & FM 373 into Muenster for lunch.

I used to like FM 407 from I-35 W to US 287, but they've done some road work that ruined the pavement. Once I get to Justin now, I usually head north on FM 156, unless I'm feeling particularly good. Then I will ride it and get some good traction management lessions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks wild turkey at least a few of us are on the Texas site! So many great roads around here is unbelievable. Haven't made it to Big Bend yet hopefully this year.

Oh yea a couple of Wing riders with Whiskey Names as our handles???

Wonder whats up with that :yes1: :eek: :p

·
Registered
374 Posts
I always enjoy hitting 1431 here in RR and heading west. Its a great ride out to Burnett then down to Marble Falls and catch breakfast or lunch at the cafe.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Headed to Big Bend on March 24th I believe if that is a Monday. From S.A. first night at Marathon . Then on down to Alpine, Marfa, Presidio, Lajitas, and then into Terlingua where i go every year for the world champion chili cook off (a judge). Any one interested we have about 10 bikes going so far. Will come back that Friday morning. Oh yes i love wild turkey and some crown also. Only after i ride though.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
How about Mansfield FM 157 to Venus to Maypearl then FM 66 to Itasca then FM 934 to Blum then SH 174 to SH 171 to Godly then FM 917 to Joshua and back to Mansfield. :shock:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about Mansfield FM 157 to Venus to Maypearl then FM 66 to Itasca then FM 934 to Blum then SH 174 to SH 171 to Godly then FM 917 to Joshua and back to Mansfield. :shock:
That was one of my favorites when lived up there. Lived in south arlington and would take off down 157 all the way to Maypearl in the evenings just to burn off some work frustration.

Picked up Hwy 4 in Grandview a few times went all the way to Mineral wells and beyond Love that one!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Headed to Big Bend on March 24th I believe if that is a Monday. From S.A. first night at Marathon . Then on down to Alpine, Marfa, Presidio, Lajitas, and then into Terlingua where i go every year for the world champion chili cook off (a judge). Any one interested we have about 10 bikes going so far. Will come back that Friday morning. Oh yes i love wild turkey and some crown also. Only after i ride though.

How hard is it to find lodging in the area during the contest?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
My Favorite roads?
I guess what ever is under the Wing at the time.
I'm happy on a Curvy road, An Interstate doing 80+, Dirt roads if they are halfway kept. I'll ride anywhere if I need to get there. :D
I did recently find a road sorta north of Caldwell that was fun. I'll have to look it up and see what it was called. CR something

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I been on that road!!!

-Dan :thumbup:
Lots of roads like that in Texas Huh :doorag:
Anyhow that road is CR 166 from FM 50 through to The north side of Caldwell. A well maintained road that carries some good speed with Nice sweepers and some tighter stuff.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My Favorite roads?
I guess what ever is under the Wing at the time.
I'm happy on a Curvy road, An Interstate doing 80+, Dirt roads if they are halfway kept. I'll ride anywhere if I need to get there. :D
I did recently find a road sorta north of Caldwell that was fun. I'll have to look it up and see what it was called. CR something
Which Caldwell, there are two of them in TX:shrug:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
HAHAHA
I just looked up the other Caldwell Texas.
Look it up and Zoom in. All them Roads are in 1 mile squares HAHAHA
Looks like some Great Riding:roll:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts