GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, we are going to try and beat the Valk board (Younguns), for the most members signed on at one time.

The Wing Board (old farts, not my words.) will try to have as many members sign on at one time.

The Board, has picked, Next Saturday night, Jan 31, at 9:30 Eastern, to attempt this. Our record to date is a mere 90. I think that we can push the envelope, and better our score and take the crown from the Valk guys & Gals.

I believe, that we had 28 in the "chat room". that was crazy, hard to keep up.

Special Announcement: UB Mike, has been reinstated and is once again in the good graces of the board Gods. Hence he is expected to attend this meeting, and provide the snacks.

That being said, I hope to see everyone, next Saturday night, at 2130 hrs for all you military types. GMT (ZULU) is so much nicer, no confusuion....LOL

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Whats ZULU ? LOL I've always heard of it but I don't now what it is. Military time ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bulldog, you probably ought to remind us old farts again. Thats a long way off in the future. We're bound to forget something thats scheduled for a whole week away. Heck, you might want to remind us a couple of times. :lol:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I would be there....but, I'll be in the Boston area..sans internet connection, and I don't qualify under the title of "old Fart" LOL Only as old as you feel or as slow as you ride :D

:yw1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys & Gals

I apologize for the use of the word "OLD FART" even though I am one of them.

Actually, that phrase was part of the original challenge placed before us, by another Author. So I am only repeating "his" phrase in the hopes that it will fire up all of the Goldwing owners to prove him wrong, win the challenge, and take our rightful place in history.

Bulldog

·
Registered
810 Posts
What did I miss

What did I miss, sorry guys. Are we planning to like break the chat room record?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Mike L said:
Whats ZULU ? LOL I've always heard of it but I don't now what it is. Military time ?
ZULU time is what the military calls GMT. Easier to talk the same time when you are talking to someone on the other side of the world.

Meeting will be @ 0230Z :D

DAMN, I was hoping I was still uninvited!! :wink:
Sunday morning is the only day of the week I sleep in, and don't get up until 0700 and go run. Guess I'll drag myself out of bed & do my part! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts