GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody completely surprised by the SO with a new bike or chrome or any other bike accessories?????

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've bought so much safety chrome,lights and accessory's this year, I'll be lucky to get Xmas dinner!!!!! :D

I did get a $100 gift certificate for HDL though, I think she felt sorry for me. :p

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I bought Holly something for her trike

I took her out to her trike this morning & showed her the ring of fire I bought her & installed. She has wanted this since Aug.. Then she looked over at my bike & saw that I also installed a ring of fire. I told her I got a good deal from Hal by ordering 2 sets. HaHa.

T

·
0 Posts
Don't have SO...So I bought myself a VT1100 cruiser and LOVE IT!

Still have the Trike and will NEVER get rid of that!

I love Christmas! Ho Ho Ho!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Meesh Surprised me with lots of stuff. I (we) got Tour Master rain gear, a Stop N Go tire plug kit, Garmin 2610 W/harness (when they are produced), a 2 GIG card for the Garmin, and a $250 gift certificate to buy what I "NEED" from HDL. That is about it for the bike.

Now on the other hand, she got me gear wrenches sae & metric, an honest to goodness real punch and chisel set, a random orbital wax polisher, some Cd's for the bike, and then the usual suspects: underwear-T-Shirts-and trinkets. She also gave me a couple of pre paid phone cards (wonder what possessed her to do that).LOL

But the best gift of all, was her being here with me, and telling me just how much she loves me and plans on being here till eternity.

Bulldog

I had to edit this, as I did not really say how I feel. The Quality of the Christmas Spirit, should not be measured by what you got or even what you gave. It should be measured by whom you are and whom you are with!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like everyone did well. I have to agree with 'crazy' about buying sooo much chrome for my bike and lucky to get dinner. And Bulldog, I gave my SO and big kiss as thanks for everything she's done for me, too. Merry Christmas to all.

H

·
0 Posts
Bulldog,

Since I know how much of a toughguy you are it actually brought a few tears to me eyes to read your note about Meesh.

You are the best. Merry Christmas.

HAL

·
Registered
143 Posts
No chrome or lights, but my wife bought me a Sirius radio system for the bike. Plus, she let me order a few things from HDL yesterday, although I forgot to order the ground loop isolator. We'll see if it's needed. Also ordered a dual band amateur radio antenna and cable assy to put on the bike. Looks like I'll be busy installing things for the next couple of weeks :)

R

·
0 Posts
Best christmas i have had in about 13 years. My 25 yr old son finally came to see me in my own home for the first time.My 21 yr old daughter was with us christmas morning for the first time in 13 years.My wife gave me a pair of Sidi sympatex GT boots and bottle of Glenbreton Rare single malt (of which i am sipping a wee bit right now) my other 21year old daughter gave us tickets to the bike show in toronto next week. I am a very fortunate man.I hope all of you had as good a christmas as i did.
Cheers *tipping the glass* Ric :beer8:

·
Registered
5 Posts
What a great Christmas!!!!!! Fixed lunch for our three sons, one daughter-in-law, granddaughter, one girlfriend and a mom-in-law.

I received my Christmas present on the 16th(white1800). But my loving husband worked hard on it the last day or two and installed a CB, Polk speakers, handle bar relocators, Highway pegs, trunk lid organizer, gerbing heated controls, spoiler brake run harness, fish side stand. :D Waiting for the rest to be shipped out. :wink: The rear spoiler will look real nice on the white. I have already made a list for more items :twisted: I need more chrome :!:

Val-Girl

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Like others, my christmas was going on for months. Christmas eve I recieved my temperture switching rely control to show the air temperture every few minutes. Tomorrow my wheel balancer should show up. Wonder if the little lady will go shopping or something before the UPS shows up!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Wow Val, we have to have pictures........ Joy

·
Registered
376 Posts
No new bike (didn't need one), no new chrome doodad (got plenty already). I did get a new Craftsman roll around tool box. Very nice. I also got to spend the day with loving family and friends.

I think that most of us on this board already have everything we needed for a Merry Christmas: Family, friends, health and security. The rest is just icing on the cake. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and gave thanks for what they have. And to you, Bulldog, you're a lucky man. I've never had the pleasure of meeting you but I sure hope to get that chance some day.

markie

T

·
0 Posts
Bulldog,
Your SO got a sister like herself that is single. Sounds like my kind of woman! Better take good care of her...they aren't a dime a dozen.
I good woman is hard to find!
Happy Trails & Ride Safe,
Trikeman

·
Registered
155 Posts
My wonderful wife bought me a Trunk Light & Polk Front Speakers from Electrical Connection and Hondaline Heated Grips.

Jim Spencer
Marysville, Ohio

·
Registered
550 Posts
Surprise

Well has to surprise myself.
Bought a new Diamond seat to increase my ride time. Loving it. Also had to take advantage of the T-day sale at HDL and picked up a Millenium Jacket (silver of course) and a new helmet. So was a pretty good Christmas. Let's ride...

·
Registered
823 Posts
I took advantage of the Turkey Day sale at HDL and then put those items under the tree. Kury Transformer boards, Kury, brake pedal, Kury driver pegs and Baker hand wings. Now there is another sale....what else should I get my wing ????? :lol:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Shirts, shirts and shirts. Oh, and some pants! Seriously great stuff. My Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law always give money and since my birthday was the 12th, I just added that money to the Christmas money and got some accessories on their way! Got a cut little RC car to chase the Daughter's cat around the house with, the COMPLETE 007 James Bond DVD collections (YES!!!) and my Son, Daughter and wonderful Wife!

Life is good!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I got something I wish everyone would get, I certainly didn't deserve it, couldn't pay for it if it wasn't free, and can't believe my luck that I have it. It's what Christmas is all about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts