GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is you favorite riding partner, . . . . . and why?

I must confess that since my wife rides her own bike and we are able to communicate via radios, she is my all time favorite. She is a good rider, . . . except when she blasts past me on her way to 150mph, . . . which she did to me on a trip to Glacier last summer. I couldn't catch her because I was pulling the trailer, . . . and I don't think the GL will go 150. Her bike does! Maybe I should put the trailer hitch on her ST. Yea that's it!!! :D

But she never complains, even when we make 500+ mile days, . . and she stops only when I do. She is GREAT!! I am very Lucky!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
No one else rides on my bike but my wife, TBB,

if the bike is moving, she is with me. The way it should be. we ride 2-up about 98% of the time

·
Registered
342 Posts
Snazzy,
I too am blessed with a great wifey that will either be in her own saddle or behind me. She hasnt really complained but has let me know that 500 miles per day is too much and she wants to spend more time in the saddle but fewer miles going slower. I will gladly do that! She has also strongly indicated that she doesnt really want to be out there in the rain, that the cages and trucks scare her then.... I wont argue with that one either........ I dont have anyone else I would rather 2 up or 2 rider with at this time, wifey wins it hands down.

Bob

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
J-mac said:

if the bike is moving, she is with me. The way it should be. we ride 2-up about 98% of the time
+1

Pretty much the same here.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
My wife hands down. Most of the time she is my shadow and right on my tail pushing me all the time. I can't imagine ever riding without her riding along side me. We are like two peas in a pod.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
My wife would be if she enjoyed riding. I can get her out a couple of times a year and she does have a nice time when she finally does go.

However, once a year, usually in the spring, I fly my grown daughter down from Michigan and she and I go out on the bike for a couple of days. She's my favorite because she loves to ride and it's quality time for both of us.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Harry, can I ride along beside, behind and in front of you sometime on a day trip??? Wooohoooo! :wink:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
If the White Wing is out of town the Wife is on the back. Don't leave town without her. I ride around town sometimes without her.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
When I am riding two up it has to be my wife, Joyce. She is the only one who has been on the 1800 except for when I took my daughter inlaw for a ride one time.

As far as favorite person to ride with (two or more bikes) I have no one in particular except for my son Jeff.

There has only been one person who I have ridden with that I will not ride with again. He is not a member of this board but I will not mention any names. Heck, he might feel the same way about me... :wink:

Ross

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
J-mac said:

Same here! Would not have it any other way...

BAT

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
My wife is usually right behind me and to the right on her vtx and my 12 year old is sittin right behind me,i am a lucky man.OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well, it use to be my lovely wife. That is until she found her own bike to ride. Now I have to share her with her Shadow 750 ACE.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Harry, you're killing me!!!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Wheels said:
Well, it use to be my lovely wife. That is until she found her own bike to ride. Now I have to share her with her Shadow 750 ACE.
Ohhh and she rides too??? :lol: You'll have to bring her up to a PB run once the weather gets warmer!!!
My Wife until she got her own GL1800.. Then it was my Son until he discovered girls, now I'm solo 99% of the time and riding the Triumph a lot more than the Wing..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts