GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to be one of you "Northerners". Just when I was beginning to enjoy the riding here in consistant upper 40's to low 50's one of you jealous smart-alecs goes and sends some snow this way. Man get a life will you? If you feel that badly you should have sent the snow to Red in Clearwater.
We're looking at 1-4 inches tonight. May be a little tough getting to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is just a drop in the bucket for us, I have still got 2' of standing snow in my yard that has been there for a month and a 1/2 and temps that I don't think are ever going to warm up . This has been without a doubt the worst winter I can ever remember, so if you can't ride for a day or two thats ok,it's been 3 months for us, and the way it's going at least another month, and I hope we have a spring this year, the last 2 years the snow melted then rained for 2 months with cold temps....Darn the luck.... :sw1: :snow1: :flg:

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Chef....They did try to send it down here. It turned into rain before it got here in the form of snow! :D

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Chef-

That'll be just enough snow to keep you humble... :wink:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Actually, you guys down south have been riding so much, that a rumor some have not showered, got all the way up here. Just wanted to help ya'll....LOL

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Chef, my heart bleeds. :wink: I saw that on the weather chanel, & thought of you. We northerners sent it by FedEx to Red, but you know how FedEx gets things lost. Just keep good thoughts, because March 27th will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Us ? Northerners ?............Now come on chef would I do something like
that to you ? :angle1: I didn't owe you one did I ? Maybe I'm gettin a little rusty. I could have sworn it was going to Florida. :eek:ops2:
Must be the gravitational pull of the whickey tickey wand. LOL

T

·
0 Posts
Well Chef, Mother Nature just dumped 2 feet of the stuff on us here in the mountains of New Mexico. More to come this weekend...

·
Registered
300 Posts
IT WAS ME !!!

i must admitt i was the one who did that to you. i just got selfish and had to ride since i got my wheels back on . i needed to ride ,so i bribed mother nature for a few days of warm so i could get the front end all set and stave off the winter blues ..again i am sorry but it had to be done lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like widely scattered whining!

Gosh Chef,

Don't you mean, "who's"? I'm looking forward to a little of the white stuff. By Monday it'll be near 60 degrees.

Curious... do you often use a cup of whine when you're cookin'? :p

Just get some chains for that purple bike of yours. :chef3:

Oh, I received my shipment... I'll be bringing it by. Enjoying your hat?

Sure enjoyed your help the other day.

-Boatner

·
Registered
979 Posts
Chef

:D Hang on Chef, let me go get my fiddle and play you a sad song as I feel so sorry for your snow situation,LOL its been in the 40s here and 55 degrees predicted for the weekend. Common spring. :D :chef3: :eat1: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Awww that's too bad. Gonna be close to 60 here by the weekend. Looks like we'll be getting a ride in in Feb after all. That'll make 11 consecutive months of at least 1 ride. Not bad for Upstate NY :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I used to live in RI and got so sick of long winters with no spring that I got the hell out of there. My skid marks are still visable on I95 South. I love to ride and just could never deal with the salt, sand, and terrible roads. I know people have families in these cold expensive over taxed areas and then there are the jobs that are hard to leave. For me that was not enough to keep me there. I moved out 10 years ago and have never looked back even though all my family is there. Sure Virginia is not Florida but it was about 70 last weekend and we are looking at 65 Sunday. In a month the trees will be budding. We get 4 nice seasons and winter is the shortest one. My question is, if you love to ride and have to face this year after year....what is keeping you there?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heck, I just moved here to Greenville/Hendersonville form Florida. And luvin it! Haven't had a chance to put the bike up for 7 straight days yet!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chef, I feel your pain, but like thay say "in everyones life a little :snow1: must fall". The weather here in ct is going to be almost 50, but I will be away for the week. Hope it stop raining in Texas. Besides Chef this will give you time to use your cooking skills. :eat1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts