GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What one single item would you consider a definite old Fogey add on to a Wing ? Rider excluded. :wink:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry guys, this is going to p*ss off a lot of people, but for me the first thing on a wing that says old fogey are the "Ring of Fire" rotor covers. I know lots of people have them, but every one that has them seems to have an old guy riding it.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
If you young guys are lucky you will be old fogeys one of these days and then you can come up with your own stuff. :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
323 Posts
Immediately Cup Holders came to mind. Mine are Bike Butlers.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
sorry, can't name just one:

- chrome
- colored lights
- stuffed animals
- murals
- matching outfits

basically non-functioning items

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Mileage. (CJ - Loved it. :lol: :lol: )

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Strider said:
What one single item would you consider a definite old Fogey add on to a Wing ? Rider excluded. :wink:
Better, softer seating.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Cup Holders for sure. I know mine came in real handy for this old fogey when he rode coast to coast in under 50 hours.

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
backrest

easy for me to say since so far i am fortunate enough to not need one

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
CJ said:
Depends on what??

Ring of fire gets my bet

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Dorian,

Where is your trailer? I just noticed you only have half a rig in your avatar! :oops:

I was pretty old, (21) when I started pulling a trailer in 1957 with a motorcycle. I put 72,000 on it, and then it went to Dick Kepler in 1964.

I have a rig in the garage that has 255,000 on the Wing and 252,500 on the trailer.

I put 87,000 miles on my first (1963) Streamliner, and my 1975 Streamliner trailer has 186,000 miles on it and was used last in 2004, and my 2004 Tailwind has 96,000 on it. I had two Champions and two Hannigans with a total of 92,000 on them. Really can not back up without a trailer on.

I am getting older now (70) and 1,500 miles a day is about all I want to do anymore. My 04 Wing has 117,000 on it now.

:chat:

:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm only 40 but I recently switched from an HD V-Rod to a GL1800 trike. That alone may qualify me as an honorary oldie!

As for accessories, how about a prescription bi-focal windshield? Or riding in shorts, black dress socks and sandals?

Ed

1 - 20 of 58 Posts