GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone does with their old helments that are not in use? How do you get rid of them? Do you cut them up and put in household trash, make planters out of them or what? I still have mine sitting around collecting crud. :roll:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
ebay.....everyone else does......Salvation Army......

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have donated several used helmets to the local community college and fire departments for Rescue/EMT training; there is always a need for update training on helmet removal per protocol, so the old buckets get put to good use.

Check with your local fire/rescue/EMS agency to see if they can use them for training..... they may me very grateful for the donation to their training stash.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Rick Mays said:
[quote="skip h":1n33k7fm]Target practice?
I have done that before and it is fun to see what they will stand.[/quote:1n33k7fm]

Did it as well last week at the range...50cal at 200 yards....pretty cool. Put it on a melon for even more good times!

·
Registered
501 Posts
everyone does replace their helmet every five yrs, like the manufacturer says, right :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
In 2004, we left my GF's in a motel room in CA. She bought a new Vega, and we just didn't have the room to carry it with us, so we left it for the cleaning crew.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Red said:
Mine get so ripe after a couple of years, they just get up and walk away! :shock:
Red - you are a REALLY funny guy...unless that was not a joke and your helmets need to go through some toxic waste disposal process!

(Yes, I just stole your laughing icon - what a hoot!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.