GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone does with their old helments that are not in use? How do you get rid of them? Do you cut them up and put in household trash, make planters out of them or what? I still have mine sitting around collecting crud. :roll:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
ebay.....everyone else does......Salvation Army......

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have donated several used helmets to the local community college and fire departments for Rescue/EMT training; there is always a need for update training on helmet removal per protocol, so the old buckets get put to good use.

Check with your local fire/rescue/EMS agency to see if they can use them for training..... they may me very grateful for the donation to their training stash.

·
Registered
573 Posts
We donated out last batch to the local Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Every time that I've gotten rid of one, I place it on the garbage can at the curb, and every time, the garbage collector takes it and puts it in the cab of the truck, I guess for later use. Yeeaak!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Anyone that teaches motorcycle safety would be glad to have a couple old helmets. I have seen them used in demonstrations by the instructors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cut it up so it can't be used or someone may take it and sell it on and if it's old that could be dangerous. I would NEVER buy a used helmet, but some might !

·
Registered
359 Posts
Old helmets

We have donated several that we have run through the band saw to show how they are constructed. MSF classes as well as many clubs would love to have them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
everyone does replace their helmet every five yrs, like the manufacturer says, right :lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
In 2004, we left my GF's in a motel room in CA. She bought a new Vega, and we just didn't have the room to carry it with us, so we left it for the cleaning crew.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Red said:
Mine get so ripe after a couple of years, they just get up and walk away! :shock:
Red - you are a REALLY funny guy...unless that was not a joke and your helmets need to go through some toxic waste disposal process!

(Yes, I just stole your laughing icon - what a hoot!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts