GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mangled Mandates

March 7, 2011

These laws have outlived their usefulness, says Patricia Hahn of Birmingham, Michigan, but they’re still on the books.
• In Idaho Falls, Idaho, it’s against the law for anyone 88 years of age or older to ride a motorcycle in town.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
38 more years to go.....:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Mangled Mandates

March 7, 2011

These laws have outlived their usefulness, says Patricia Hahn of Birmingham, Michigan, but they’re still on the books.
• In Idaho Falls, Idaho, it’s against the law for anyone 88 years of age or older to ride a motorcycle in town.
Ya' know... now that I live out here in this area.... and I take care of a lot of people this age.... can't say I disagree with this.

When I left Florida... the "elderly" driving wasn't a reason I left, but certainly was a concern I had. The problem has always been the person who most likely needs to stop driving is the one who least likely recognizes it. Most people who are elderly and are driving just fine are the ones who worry about it the most...

Dementia---- you'll never know what you are missing...

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Most laws are a result of some indident. I would like to hear the story that precipitated that one. Anyway, the old guy can still ride in the country. I saw a crusty old guy riding a rusty old Honda, smoking a cigarette that, I'm pretty sure, would have been in violation of that law.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts