GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did we use in our motoerbikes before motoercycle oil? how did we make it back then. haha

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
I Used Free Oils! :)

I usually used whatever Dad had in the shed I could steal when I was a kid. I've used, non-detergent, straight weights, used oil, or on special occasions I would help myself at a local station that would forgot to take their oil rack in that night! :oops:

Oil threads are usually funny. They rank right up there with belly pan and fork brace threads! :)

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
most of our bikes were 2 cycle back then . with the ever some worthless oil injection pump that never seemd to actually work.

so the quality of the oil didnt matter, as long as it was oily. those bikes also cost a couple hundred dollars.

these goldwing rigs cost a little more, ill go with the $ 13 a gallon synthetic to keep it happy.

loren

·
Registered
273 Posts
Synthic oil blend

I just want information. Where does one find what the mixture of mineral and synthetic percentages are when you buy the blended oil? I don't think it is on the container. Has anyone made contact with an oil company or dealer for this info?
Thanks
Bob

R

·
0 Posts
oil

yes I have when I worked part time for auto zone people would ask that question so i called the major oil co,s they all were diff from 10 to 25 % syn to 75 reg oil. tests show you far ahead to add one qt of syn to three qts reg oil. if you want a semi syn oil or two to two your choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts