GL1800Riders Forums banner

Oldewing's New"er" wing 06 Comfort, Navi

9K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  eldoticket 
#1 ·
Picking up a lightly used 06 later tomorrow, 35000 miles, one owner. Stepping up from a herd of 1100 and 1000 wings. Active over at NGWClub.com with my 4 banger' bikes. But started over here for the new baby..

#2 ·
Got her home. All dealer service's done with records. Yippee, Poor guy paid 173.00 for oil changes:shock:. 1275.00 for a oil change and two tires:shock::shock:

safe bet I won't be doing that. Much different ride than my trusty 82 1100, real goes when you ask it too. Looking forward to having a lot of fun with it.

#4 ·
Picked up Honda oil and K and N filters for the shelf in the shop, first 2 oil changes taken care of. Also picked up a fork brace, always had them on my other wings, seems right. Day 3, and still stupid happy. And fully insured thru Allstate, 426 a year. Twice what the 1100 was, but a much more expansive bike.

#5 ·
Got her home. All dealer service's done with records. Yippee, Poor guy paid 173.00 for oil changes:shock:. 1275.00 for a oil change and two tires:shock::shock:

safe bet I won't be doing that. Much different ride than my trusty 82 1100, real goes when you ask it too. Looking forward to having a lot of fun with it.
173.00 for oil changes - Yikes! :roll:

#7 ·
Last step of the "new" bike stuff today, picked up the title and got "real" plates. Oh, and took the wife to dinner on the new scoot too. Least I could do, Eh?

#8 ·
Gave her a coat of wax, and put disk brakes all the way around for the gent I bought the bike from. That was part of the deal...was not much trouble anyways. And found the front brake light switch is out. Will look into it on Sunday.

#9 ·
A jug of new Honda 10w40 oil and a k and n filter. Installed my flashing LED brake light to the rear fender (put it where the stock reflector goes) found wires first time, yea. All the wiring on my other Goldwings has been thru many many owners and changes. So opening up a virgin harness is something that I am not a custom to.

36102 miles

And off to Cleveland in the morning for it's first real trip.

#10 ·
Put on 1478 miles, went to the Tail of the Dragon (yes the little dragon sticker is on the rear fender) and did the Skyway too plus most of the Blue Ridge on the way home, great time and real nice weather for a change.

38927 miles.

Saw 47.2 on one tank, all freeway though, and 34.6, dragon and the skyway..........

#11 ·
Put on 1478 miles, went to the Tail of the Dragon (yes the little dragon sticker is on the rear fender) and did the Skyway too plus most of the Blue Ridge on the way home, great time and real nice weather for a change.

38927 miles.

Saw 47.2 on one tank, all freeway though, and 34.6, dragon and the skyway..........
Do your hwy pegs drag real easy being that low?

#12 ·
I have raised them up to the top bar since that pic'. And they still drug:eek:4:, but I got used to it:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

#13 ·
Chased down some of the dreaded wobble.......... did the front end adjustment's per video here on the site. The axle pinch bolts are to be 16 foot-pounds and they came off, inside one was tight enough to cause me to back up and get a 1/2 drive:roll: with the outside one just over finger tight....

Needless to say, most of my wobble's are gone now. Some left, but front tire is about 70 percent used up (E3) so she gets new Metzler's for next season. But before that, I am off to STL to see some buddies this weekend. Might be last trip outside Ohio for the year:cry::cry::snow1::snow1:

39874 miles

#15 ·
Hit 50 and sunny yesterday, ripped off cover and rode.

Back in the shop now, installed Battery Tender leads, might keep it close to the door, nice weather later today........

#16 ·
Walked behind her to move the used way too much snow blower...........................

Soon Darling, Soon..............:bow::bow:

#17 ·
41865 miles, new Brigstone up front along with EBC brake pads. Left front pads where done, just a whisper of pad left. PO must of been a foot brake guy big time.. Right side was about 70% but changed it anyways. Will do the back this week before first roadtrip of the year to Michigan and STL .

#18 ·
rears changed too, 1400 miles to STL and back..blew both low beams on the trip.... Dealer there was a no go on new bulbs, limped home on fog lights only, used high beams when I had to (rain all the way)

#19 ·
43206, Replaced both low beams with aftermarket from Iron Pony, 56.00 for the pair. Going to NAPA next time for sure. Also changed the rear end oil with Honda 80/95 and picked up oil for next oil change later this season.

#20 ·
43206, Replaced both low beams with aftermarket from Iron Pony, 56.00 for the pair. Going to NAPA next time for sure. Also changed the rear end oil with Honda 80/95 and picked up oil for next oil change later this season.
Walmart H7 bulbs around $35 a set last time I looked. :thumbup: Looks like your racking up the miles! I love it!! Work always puts a damper on my milage! :evil:

#21 ·
The gentleman I got my wing from, for health reasons, past today.

Chuck Deyo, I will think of you every time I fire up "our " goldwing Brother.

Oh, and on a side note, CANCER SUCKS ASS.

Now back to the movie.......

#22 ·
Crested 10000 miles since I got this wonderful motorcycle today, bring the total to just north of 45000. This summer has been slow as work and the weather are not on my team this year......

#23 ·
GL1800 fork brake

Picked up Honda oil and K and N filters for the shelf in the shop, first 2 oil changes taken care of. Also picked up a fork brace, always had them on my other wings, seems right. Day 3, and still stupid happy. And fully insured thru Allstate, 426 a year. Twice what the 1100 was, but a much more expansive bike.
What fork brake do you use?

Rob

#24 ·
It's a Kury I picked up at Iron Pony on close out (open package) for 99.00

Getting to the end of season 2, 47800 on her, might get out a time or two more, but......

NEXT YEAR should be fun, FLA in one trip planed, highly possible Texas run and a family trip to South Dakota too.

#26 ·
48209 Dropped off at Dealer for recall and new rear tire. They are going to keep it till end of March, No charge, heated and locked. Nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.