GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The gentleman I got my wing from, for health reasons, past today.

Chuck Deyo, I will think of you every time I fire up "our " goldwing Brother.

Oh, and on a side note, CANCER SUCKS ASS.

Now back to the movie.......

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Crested 10000 miles since I got this wonderful motorcycle today, bring the total to just north of 45000. This summer has been slow as work and the weather are not on my team this year......

GL1800 fork brake

Picked up Honda oil and K and N filters for the shelf in the shop, first 2 oil changes taken care of. Also picked up a fork brace, always had them on my other wings, seems right. Day 3, and still stupid happy. And fully insured thru Allstate, 426 a year. Twice what the 1100 was, but a much more expansive bike.
What fork brake do you use?

Rob

Discussion starter · #24 ·
It's a Kury I picked up at Iron Pony on close out (open package) for 99.00

Getting to the end of season 2, 47800 on her, might get out a time or two more, but......

NEXT YEAR should be fun, FLA in one trip planed, highly possible Texas run and a family trip to South Dakota too.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
48106, looks like the end of this season.

Mic o Pegs and voltmeter on.

Pegs are the best thing ever...

Discussion starter · #26 ·
48209 Dropped off at Dealer for recall and new rear tire. They are going to keep it till end of March, No charge, heated and locked. Nice.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
It's back home, "free" storage changed when I declined to have the rear pads changed for 91.00. They still have 2 mm on them, more than enough to get me home where there are pads on the shelf. So they wanted a fee to keep her there, off with a trailor and got her home.

New dulop E3 on the rear

Discussion starter · #28 ·
At Iron Pony today, got a new hat along with spark plugs and an air filter. So now comes the fun part............

Got my book, laptop with CD's and some cool drinks........

Discussion starter · #29 ·
68 in the sun today, love Ohio winter's...New plugs in, save the air filter for a rainy day. 48752 miles.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Well, cold and raining here so Air filter here I come. Got the shelter off in about an hour, going slowly as I have never done this before. Then I was called out of the shop, so I will finish today hopefully.

Found 2 crossed threaded hex screws from where the dealer did this at 28000 miles. Got order me some new ones, and keep some on hand.

Discussion starter · #31 · (Edited)
Got the filter out , full of seed shells and mouse poop. PO had kept the bike in a barn behind his house, kinda out in the country. Been in for 20000 miles, other than the mice stuff, looked real good. put in a honda one and will forget about it for another couple of years.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
BikeMp3 player along with new JVC speakers in. Grab on grip covers too. almost ready for new season.

Need to do rear brake pads and fork oil change.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
51658 but did the rear pads before the FLA trip. Time for oil change. still need to do the forks.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
56125 put up for the season. Ya, I am late posting.

For 2017 season, need front tire (Brig'stone) about done @ 12000 miles. Put a new dulopy on the rear last season, got about 6 or 7 left on it. May go back to Metz' as they are my fav tire. Years and years, miles and miles on my 1100 wings and love them. Now the 888 is out, I may put a set on and keep the dunny for a spare.

BikeMp3 is OK, but won't show track most of the time, but plays fine. Playing with the idea of helibars, but a big jump money wise. May hold off for a couple of years and make it a retirement gift.

Just got left knee done, so riding is out anyways for a month or so...

oh, and it's 63 degrees today too...

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Knee is done, rehab finished... all good. LET"S Ride.

New HJC hat on the way. Oil change 56921 miles.

MP 3 loaded for bear, let's go....

Discussion starter · #36 ·
58421 miles. New Metz' 888 on the front.

front pads about half gone.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
73k on her now. Still in love. Been as far west as Devils Tower and South to Tampa. With a side run to Houston with no worries at all.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Fast forward a bit...

74K on her now.
Did fork seals and sliders along with Progressive springs last fall. New Metzler 888 on both ends. Oh and I retired from work after 31.5 yeas and my gift to me was Heli- bars. Wonderful things they are too..

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Well a year has gone by............................

Been working on my 1982 1100 rebuild mostly. 1800 rolling along just fine.

Reactions: judgedredd331
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.