GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
they have vents but these are cold wather gear, even though i know people that wear then in the summer, they are just too hot, i have the airglide pants and the new bushwacker long jacket. they have a really good zip out liner that is good for cold weather, when you zip out the liners the jackets are very ventilated and are great for the texas summers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read that review. The collar should not be an issue for me. I am NOT 6'5" and 165 lbs. I would think that guy would have a hard time to find standard clothing sizes that would fit him.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Saddletramp, I have the Olympia Airglide2 pants in the silver color and they are true, year-round pants for me. Great ventilation and the removeable liner keep me warm in the winter while the silver color doesn't absorb as much heat in the summer. They are much cooler, however, on my Roadliner than they are on my Wing. The Wing's fairing does block a lot of the airflow no matter what you wear... good in the cold, not so good in the heat.
My next jacket will probably be the Olympia Bushwacker.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the high vix AST Olympia jacket and I think it is great, just got back from a trip to Ojai, CA from San Diego and I was warm and comfortable with only a turtleneck and the AST jacket with lining, it started snowing as I rode home. I did however get the Airglide pants in black, so I could wear them in summer without lining. The jacket can get warm in the summer, the vents do not open that far with the covering over them. In spite of that, I like being seen, I love the pockets, the warmth and wind blockage.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I have the Olympia Airglide pants and jacket, and during the summer live in them. Hot weather, just pull the pants liners out, leave the jeans off, and lets the breeze blow thru. Mine are the black ones, and are what I wear crossing Nevada in August.

I picked the Olympia because they are really well made, and a lot of attention to detail. Also have a Flirst Gear Air Mesh jacket, and prefer the Olympia to that, but they work about the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts