GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Goldwing DCT
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the attractive things about living in WA state is the accessibility to big mountains (i.e. snow-capped mountains) and to 3 national parks within 2.5-4 hour drive. Needless to say, the itch to hit the mountains gets even greater when I have a new Goldwing in my hands.

I have been to Hurricane Ridge (Olympic National Park) several times but not on a motorcycle. That changed yesterday: I went there on my Honda magic carpet Goldwing. When I got to the top after traversing the lovely hair-pin switchbacks, I met this friendly older gentleman from Corpus Christi, TX on the parking lot. He was quite attracted to my GW, and he even asked for permission to take a picture of it. Currently, he rides Moto Guzzi bikes. We had a short but warm conversation. It's quite amazing how bikes can connect people and lay down their differences.

Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape Tree

Cloud Sky Tire Automotive tire Plant
Sky Water Light Blue Automotive tire

Tire Sky Helmet Wheel Motorcycle helmet

PS: Just in case you think the backpack is loaded full and heavy; well, it is not. It's actually mostly empty and it's used to keep all my videography equipment when I stop for meals and had to walk away from my bike. The 360° superwide lens distorted it to make it look really thick.

·
Registered
White 2018 DCT Tour
782 Posts
Sky Mountain Tree Cloud Plant

I totally agree with ArthurY; Olympic NP is an amazing place. There is so much to see. Hurricane Ridge is a beautiful vista, and the Rain Forest is something else.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Here's a suggestion for you for tomorrow, Sunday August 7th 2022.

Ride to Packwood, visit the Fire Department and enjoy their annual Beef Barbecue between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. Very reasonably priced. After lunch, ride up Hwy 123 to Steven's Canyon Road and turn left. Ride through the Mt Rainier National Park. Beautiful ride. If you have a Senior Pass/Golden Eagle Pass, entry to the park is free.

Steven's Canyon Rd will dump you onto WA 706 and that takes you to Elbe. Lots of scenic ride options from that point.

• Helpful
Reactions: CAWing and ArthurY
1 - 4 of 4 Posts