GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tossing the idea around for an onboard camera. Wow what alot of different ones!!! All im looking for is something basic. And not on a helmet. I have an old Kodak, not even sure model, but i was able to ball mount it to the clutch side. Tiny like 1' screen. All self contained. Turned it on and have video and audio. Not blue tooth, wifi, nofin!!! Kinda cool. So was looking for something a tad above that. All i would like to do is mount it somehow on the bars, and record in front of me if/when i am some where other than going to get gas!!! lol Ill be looking but any ideas would be great as always...
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
The one recommended to me by the fine folks here, was the ION Sport Cam. About $30 on ebay, two buttons on the top, one for power, the other to operate. Push the record button forward, it records, push it back, it stops the recording. The guys that recommended this to me have been using them for years.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Just tossing the idea around for an onboard camera. Wow what alot of different ones!!! All im looking for is something basic. And not on a helmet. I have an old Kodak, not even sure model, but i was able to ball mount it to the clutch side. Tiny like 1' screen. All self contained. Turned it on and have video and audio. Not blue tooth, wifi, nofin!!! Kinda cool. So was looking for something a tad above that. All i would like to do is mount it somehow on the bars, and record in front of me if/when i am some where other than going to get gas!!! lol Ill be looking but any ideas would be great as always...
Tom
Tom , look on the Hobby /inventors section . There are some good choices for the camera and how to mount them.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Tom,

A short thread on the camera I used and a couple of videos. One mounted on the windscreen and one under the nose of the bike.

The camera, as it says in the thread, is a Contour. They have several models. What I liked about the Contour is that it has a fairly big slide switch that you can easily use to start and stop the camera.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/27-south-carolina-sc/443481-todays-ride.html

The Contour website is located at https://contour.com

Its the only brand camera I have used mounted to the bike (since 2008 or so I forget). I like its slim design and ease of use.

Just an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts