GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a real bad work day yesterday, a new boss to show around and make sure, he understands our job. Not a easy task, even after 15 years, I still am amazed. -------------sorry to the point here, Sitting at a stoplight music is up and I mean loud Van Halen, look over to my right and a guy sitting in his car, holding a cell phone in his hand is trying to grab my attention. I hit the mute button, he makes some comment about him being on the phone and can't hear over my music, I let the mute button go and crank the music even louder because I know I am a A$$. He is cranking up his window giving me the number 1 salute. Just had to share. :D :D :D Then it was off to my GWRRA meeting for fun safety and knowledge.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Yes, sir...It's all about me. To Hell with everybody else. :roll:

You, my man, are ready for a V-twin with no mufflers, black leather, a skid lid and a dew rag

·
Registered
601 Posts
I like pulling up next to someone that is on their phone, window down, and test my horn.. I gotta make sure it works .. its a safety thing..

I usually get rude glares or the #1 salute 8)

A friend that I used to work with, had a 1000 watt linear (sp) on his CB.
He said he keyed up one day and noticed the person near him on their phone started redialing. he waited, keyed up again, same thing.. It was disconnecting the phone when he would key up ..
they need a gadget that we can get that will specifically do that while driving.
That would probably lower the number of people on the phone while driving, due to frustration of not being able to talk but for 2 seconds at a time...

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
seems fair to me..... I had a cell phone idiot near me yesterday.

Usual thinking by idiot cell phone user : " I am the only person on the road today"

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
You forgot to hock a luggie on his window after he flipped you off.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
And I am sure you guys never ever use your cell phones when you are driving (yea right) . :lol:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
White Gold said:
And I am sure you guys never ever use your cell phones when you are driving (yea right) . :lol:
Well that's different.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Let's see if I got this straight. Some one is being rude and potentially causing a traffic hazard (guy on the phone), so I come along side and attempt to "out-rude" him, right? Of course, the fact that my audio system is blaring music that may or may not annoy other people is immaterial. While seldom enforced, we have a law concerning loud music coming from cars (think any vehicle is included) - you could get a ticket for it, but as it is with most noise laws, difficult to police. We do NOT have a law regarding cell phone use while driving, which of course, everyone KNOWs is dangerous.

So, to make things even, I create a scene in which the other person may now get enraged and hope he/she doesn't do something stupid, like run over me on my bike.

One way to run the world, I guess.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
179 Posts
Keep up the good work i will try that one for sure ! :lol:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I am all for the " Hands free" law...It seems that people feel that they MUST get on their cell phones the minute they get in their cars!!!! It must be a bad thing if you aren't on the phone when driving !!!!!.....I sure wish that they would pass this law real soon !!!!!!!!!!!!..........I like the things about HONKING the horn as a safety issue,,,,I will have to try that one !!!!!...And as for the 1000 watt linear disrupting a cell phone call,,that was funny too.........who remembers the days when we DIDN'T have cell phones ??? Is any one that old ??? What did we do back then ?????....oh yea,,,,,hand signals !!!! You're #1 PAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The guy on the phone only had to roll up his window. He should have done that to begin with!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hay John805 your were kind of being an a$$. But I would also like to know where this guy gets off thinking his BULL SHHHine phone call is more important than you listening to your music. F-him if he can't take a joke.

·
Registered
488 Posts
What I like about this site is that one can post anything, and I mean anything, and some will be on the poster's side and some will not. It's entertaining.

Back to the original post - A little niceness goes a long way.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
The guy on the phone may have been a hazard to someone down the road but at that moment he was basically minding his own business and his phone use was bothering no one.

The guy on his bike was not a hazard but the loudness of his music was intrusive to at least one other person. IMHO that makes the biker in the wrong, at that moment in time.

The right to listen to your music at any level you want ends at my ear.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you do a google search you will find that cell phone blockers are available. Price seems to depend on how far they are effective. One of these may be in my future, just depends on how stupid the next person using it is. Many more that threaten my safety and I'll own one!
Dwight

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
trialsman said:
Yes, sir...It's all about me. To Hell with everybody else. :roll:

You, my man, are ready for a V-twin with no mufflers, black leather, a skid lid and a dew rag
You forgot the assless chaps! :lol:
J/K

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
He is cranking up his window giving me the number 1 salute
Imagine that. I got the number one salute just the other day. I was in the left hand lane behind a truck, a guy in front of the truck moved over to let him go by then almost moved over into me, he flipped me off and gave me a dirty skowl, he then got in behind me and I hit the brakes hard :) he moved back over to the right lane and passed me flipping me off and dialing his cell phone saying he was calling the law. I got his license plate number and followed him for a short time staying way behind him. I just dont get the behaviour of some folks.

I also run the radio loud, keeps me from hearing the loud thump thump crap from the bad guy wannabies we have here, their music is always obsene and I for one dont wish to hear it. Also loud radios save lives :) Deer scattter when I come along at max volume.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
markj said:
He is cranking up his window giving me the number 1 salute
he flipped me off and gave me a dirty skowl, he then got in behind me and I hit the brakes hard :)
Sometimes our actions write checks that our a$$es can't cash.
You know who would've won that one, don't you?
That's right, THE CAR!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Dwight said:
If you do a google search you will find that cell phone blockers are available. Price seems to depend on how far they are effective. One of these may be in my future, just depends on how stupid the next person using it is. Many more that threaten my safety and I'll own one!
Dwight
Dwight,

I think you will find that most of these are coming in from overseas and are Illegal here in the states (FCC regulations). It seems some are afraid that if we have areas that are not cell reachable then 911 can't be dialed (how did we ever survive the first 22K years without cell technology!?)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts