GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lovely wife surprised me at Christmas with the Ring-of-Fire for my GL1800 :eek:

While it's so cold to ride, I might as well install it now as to not use up any ride time later. PROBLEM: I don't have a switch blank left on my left panel. I want to be able to run the Ring-of-Fire independently from my driving lights or any other lights.

What raz-zu suggestions or experience do you have solving my problem. What kind of switch and where do I get it and where do I mount it?

Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I mounted an illuminated switch I bought at Wal-Mart and mounted it under the auxillary socket in the left fairing pocket. I put enough wire length to the switch so I can pull the pocket when I need to. It's hidden and out of the weather.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I have two sets of three switches each, one on each handlwbar fluid reservior. They make both a left and right side, and work pretty well. You can see a photo under the Roady instal post above. And they came from HDL a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
toggle switch

I also mounted my metal toggle switch in the left hand fairing pocket. I tapped into the auxillary plug in wiring for a power source, figuring i would'nt be using my mp3 player at night anyway, so the circuit wouldn't be overloaded.
I also have my fairing vent lights hooked up to this same toggle switch. Like the mail man said, it's outta sight and out of the weather. JD :biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.