GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's now official. I ordered my Kumho RF from the Tire rack on Monday. Picked up a HF bike lift yesterday(worked great), and received my tire at 5:30 last night. I called the Honda dealer here in Winston Salem and they said to hurry over and they'd take care of me.
When the mechanic came over he commented on me trying the car tire, I figured that they would deny service...no problem. He said he had done a couple before and wanted me to let him know how it performed.
So, the dealer took the car tire idea in stride, no biggie.
I ran home and mounted it. I checked the pressure to confirm that he had put 32 psi in it.

Well, my initial observation is positive. The tire is very smooth with the transition in curves feeling kinda somewhat like the very worn Elite III that came off. Rough roads are erased. I believe the SO will be very happy with the new ride of the bike.

I'm completely impressed with the tire and look forward to some twisties to give her a full test.
I'd like to thank all of the folks who paved the way through trial and error...and by sharing their findings.

So, I guess I need a NUMBER!!
Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome Home.............:congrats:

·
Registered
331 Posts
:congrats:Welcome to the dark side .Great tire enjoy :thumbup:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the DarkSide and have a good one. :capwin:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside, and I am glad to see that your dealer (like mine as well) has an open mind about the car tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts