GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that this week is 'Spring Break' at the school where I work and the weather being so nice (finally), I though this would be a perfect time to take my trike to work. (no kids around to mess with it)

Now in this part of VA, the cops really enforce the local speed limits so I'm always very attentive as to what speed I'm traveling at. So here I was, cruising along Route 15 at 55 mph. (Checking the speedo often). The next thing I know, I look down at the speedometer and I'm just past 65 mph and slowly increasing!! I swear that I didn't feel the increase nor was aware of twisting the throttle (at least not consciously, lol)
So of course, I let off the throttle and settled back down to 55 (yeah,,, I know,, boring)

It's as if the Wing just wanted to stretch her legs a bit more or finally got tired of my "Old Man" driving.

Any of you Wing owners experience the "Ghost-In-The-Machine" that just likes to make the Wing fly? Seems like these machines really do effortlessly take off.

Just my story for today, lol

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Mine always seems to run faster when we are headed out west.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Every time I ride! That stinking ghost is always twisting the throttle a little more.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Mine does that UNTIL that ghost buster riding behind me starts pecking on my helmet LOL.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Being that this week is 'Spring Break' at the school where I work and the weather being so nice (finally), I though this would be a perfect time to take my trike to work. (no kids around to mess with it)

Now in this part of VA, the cops really enforce the local speed limits so I'm always very attentive as to what speed I'm traveling at. So here I was, cruising along Route 15 at 55 mph. (Checking the speedo often). The next thing I know, I look down at the speedometer and I'm just past 65 mph and slowly increasing!! I swear that I didn't feel the increase nor was aware of twisting the throttle (at least not consciously, lol)
So of course, I let off the throttle and settled back down to 55 (yeah,,, I know,, boring)

It's as if the Wing just wanted to stretch her legs a bit more or finally got tired of my "Old Man" driving.

Any of you Wing owners experience the "Ghost-In-The-Machine" that just likes to make the Wing fly? Seems like these machines really do effortlessly take off.

Just my story for today, lol
You made a trip to Colorado lately, they sell something that gives that effect!!!

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
BIG COUNTRY ROAD ON WAY TO MIDDLE STATE -SPEED LIMIT 65- TRIPLE DIGITS TO PASS SOMEONE- QUICK TWIST OF WRIST AND AWAY YA GO :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Yep, that same ghost seems to take control of that wrist throttle. Came up a long ramp to enter I 75 and when I reach the open road, thought it felt a little fast for 70 MPH. Looked at the speedo and was approching 85MPH.:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts