GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife made a funny comment last night ...

we were talking about whether or not I should have gotten the air bag option on the wing ...

she said something to the effect of
... "well, from where I'm sittin' YOU are pretty much my air bag and it's nice that you're deployed ahead of time"
:wink:

never thought about it like that
... but I guess being the passenger does have some advantages.
:roll:

Dennis

G

·
The way I see the law of Phyics, the back air bag (rider) would be to much of a hinderance for the front airbag (driver) to protect and guard against incounter with the third air bag (a cage).

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
I would find it very hard to believe that Honda engineers didn't put any thought into the possibility that there would be a passenger involved in the type of crash the airbag is designed to protect you from. My bet is that the airbag is strong enough to handle it. Besides, I seriously doubt that there are very many, if any, folks here that would not put themselves between their spouse and any kind of harm.

wingwing wrote;
she said something to the effect of
... "well, from where I'm sittin' YOU are pretty much my air bag and it's nice that you're deployed ahead of time"
I actually find a little comfort in that thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.