GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are planning a Natchez Trace ride, and I'm thinking of including a one-day New Orleans visit. We would arrive May 11th, tour and leave for Natchez on the 12th, so no involved touristing, but I'd like to at least take her to one of the good restaurants for lunch.

Any locals or other regular visitors have suggestions? I'm thinking find a place to park the bike and walk maybe the French Quarter.

Also, suggestions for nearby (I don't mind staying on the other side of the lake if transit doesn't take too long) would be appreciated, too!

Hope you don't mind, but I'll cross-post this to the LA state sub-forum, too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
HI I lived in New Orleans for 14 years after school and now live north of Baton Rouge. There are plenty of good/great places to eat in New Orleans. you can call me and we can discuss what ya want to eat and places to stay too. 225 978-8218 Freddy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Places to eat NO, LA.

A place I found last time I was there (last year) Was Deane's, you can both share a plate, I'm a big eater and couldn't eat it all. another place I like is Jack Dempsey's, (take a taxi, here) kinda hard to find, the other place we like is Pashqua Maneles (sp) BBQ shrimp, (not the kind of bbq you may think) Delicious, trust me. all close to the F Q. (spelling is close enough locals will know what you mean.)
Enjoy.

Dick Pointer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts