GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need to remove the lower front cowl to get to the coolent drain plug ? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Nope, not necessary at all. However if you have a belly pan on, you will need to remove the front portion of the pan as I recall.

·
Vendor
17,415 Posts
Some don't but I find it easiest too remove the lower cowl to get to the cooling drain plug.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Some don't but I find it easiest too remove the lower cowl to get to the cooling drain plug.
Greg - got to disagree with you on this one - I find taking the cowl on and off to be a major Pain in the ***. Plus I've had to repair the tab on the cowl before. But if it's easier for you, that's good. You've got a lot more experience than I do taking that thing on and off.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
cool idea using the tube but I don't use one and 99.9% of the antifreeze seems to wind up in the plastic pail sitting under the wing, no cowl to mess with and nothing I would call a big mess to cleanup :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No, use 8mm socket on 3" extension and you're good. Of course belly pans might be in the way, I just remove its front piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts