GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're everywhere. Some of the most scary motorcycle operation I've ever seen. I saw a lane split on a high speed highway with a bike passing a car on the shoulder of the passing lane between the car and cement Jersey barriers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MC Capital

Looks nice to me! Nice parking spots too.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Riding around over there you notice that people have a bicycle, motorcycle or scooter and a small car. Depending on the length of your trip and the weather determines which ride you take. It's acceptable transportation and other motorists really look out for bikes and yield the right of way most of the time. Not here @ home! In most countries there are actually designated motorcycle staging at stop signals....go directly to the front of the line. SWEET!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Try any where in asia billions of scooters and bicycles on the road with a death wish

·
Registered
234 Posts
I haven't seen anything like what they do in Japan. Here's a few pics of my trip to the 1984 Honda Safety Club Meeting in 1984. Honda rented an entire mountain for the weekend and 330 clubs totaling 50,000 motorcyclists came from all over Japan. The first picture is some of the bikes parked. You literally drove several miles between the two rows of bikes to park at the end (they had four roads like this depending on where you were coming in from).

The second and third pics are of the Honda Davidson motorcycle club (read the club title again!!!). Honda had hundreds of contests for just about everything (I won for largest bike in the country - a Yamaha Venture Royale -1100 cc at the time - the Japanese couldn't drive anything larger than a 750). Anyway, these Japanese businessmen decided to win the "most original club" award, so they contracted to have these Honda mini-bikes designed to look like Harley Davidsons (you can see the Honda logo on the gas tank). What was more impressive is that they actually drove the minis 150 miles to attend the three-day event (that's me standing with my hands on my hips)...

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Visiting CA on vacation and they split the lanes all the time over hear. High speed, low speed it doesn't make a difference. While driving my rental car on the freeway I looked in my mirror, nothing, then signaled to change lanes and just a couple of seconds later here was a crotch rocket going at least a hundred right down the line between cars and swerving into the space I was going. Glad I looked again because he came out of nowhere.

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
They make nice watches too

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Bangkok beat anything I've ever seen, traffic-wise, that is. :coffee1:

Ha! Mumbai, India, trumps all!! Wish I had taken some photos! :eek:4:

·
Registered
56 Posts
swiss woman

That's not what i envisioned a swiss woman looks like in the street. You could save alot of money and stay anywhere in the southern USA, and see millions of those! Just saying!:eek:4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts