1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
If they ever design a touring bike, with good power and range, I would be interested.

Otherwise, just shows progress to what maybe 50 years from now might be.

Same ole stuff, save energy, a new way............

If you can pay the price. 40K plus.........no thank you.

Gadgets at the moment, for those who have lots of money.

Or if a car, the gobermint will buy them, to save gas. Not sure how that works out with the price of them.

Go on a trip, pull into motel 6, plug er up, the whole motel power grid will crash. :joke::joke:

Sir, you are not supposed to mess with the wiring, well ya know, I was just converting this wall outlet to a six way plug. Lol!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cost

I would be intersted when the price drops below $16,000. by the way, I don't think any bike should cost more than $16,000!!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
How are you going to put loud pipes on that?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Nice concept.But 80% of wingers wouldn't get two blocks before the battery was dead from hauling it's load.:eek:4:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don't understand it. It's mileage is almost comparable to a Prius. I'm sure I could pick up a 250cc bike that would get the same mileage and would cost under $5000

·
Registered
876 Posts
No thanks, $43,000 can buy a lot of gas.:coffee1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Uh, no. I prefer things where a combustible is squirted into a cylinder, ignited and explodes. Hydrogen would be ideal. :lol:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I just really do not understand the push behind electric vehicles. Hybrids are ok b/c you can keep going on the gasoline engine to get to whatever your destination is-- no matter how far it is. I do not plan to ever have to stop and plug in for an hour or longer just so i can go another 100 or so miles.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Uh, no. I prefer things where a combustible is squirted into a cylinder, ignited and explodes. Hydrogen would be ideal. :lol:
Hydrogen has issues...

It tends to leak out of any container and tends to make gasoline look non-combustable.

S

·
0 Posts
Loud electrons save lives

Born to wired

Live to ride
coast to charge

Harley Ferguson - now Harley Edison

Yes it could be fun ;)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loud electrons save lives

Born to wired

Live to ride
coast to charge

Harley Ferguson - now Harley Edison

Yes it could be fun ;)
:clap2: Born to be Wired!

·
Registered
664 Posts
How are you going to put loud pipes on that?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

"Bicycle" playing cards in the spokes held on with clothes pins!!! :22yikes:

Same as I did when I was a kid and had a Schwinn.......:cool:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Right now the problem with all electric is the range and that it takes hours to charge. Hybrid is ok for in town local driving but once you hit the highway for any long drive the fuel mieage sucks. Plus hybrid and electric cost so much more are you really saving? and then the repair if the batteries go bad (8000.00) for the battery in a hybrid escape and if the customer pokes the wrong wire, bye bye.

They may be the thing of the future but not for a long while.

May be best served to get a little 250 scooter for around town. You could pretend you was young again and on a mini bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts