GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ISN'T a store offer or promo, but my opinion of a gadget I installed in my bike, that is truly ingenious.

Big Bike's Cubbyholds for the GL1800 p/n 52-690 (HDL # BIG-52690)

They attach on either side of the trunk, don't interfere with the trunk bag and keep small objects such as cans of spary or polish and cloths conveniently neat and out of the way. So inexpensive ($16/95 from HDL) that if you didn't like them you could give them away.

Had to give praises to this really neat, truly functional product.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought a set from HDL a couple of weeks ago. I like them, wife loves them. Guess who'll get the most use out of them? :oops:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I checked these out on the HDL site and read the comments of the 3 customers who posted reviews. All 3 were disappointed in the product's quality. The third reviewer mentions buying a better quality product from a different manufacturer? Anyone know what company that is? I like the comcept but want something that's sturdy enough to last.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Mike I sent you a PM.

Mike, I sent you a PM. You can find the ones you want from vpaccessories. They are made out of Lexan & are $33.50.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought the ones Chef bought from HDL at WOS last year. I have a lot of maps, brochures, etc stuffed into the one side and several pair of gloves are stuffed in the other side. I'm constantly removing and putting stuff back in both sides and haven't had any problems with them.

.. Sue

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Tom Pickett said:
Can you still get 2 helmets in the trunk with these cubby's installed?
it is a VERY tight fit for two full size helmets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts