GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that nothing beats a good WASH and WAX when necessary.

However, I'd like to hear from all you folks who use ONE STEP DETAILERS to clean grease, grime and bugs off your bikes without water when the bike isn't REALLY all that dirty.

These products are supposed to clean and polish paint, chrome and clear plastics. Some also claim to block UV rays and reduce fading and cracking. Others also promise to repel water and "nead up like wax" and have anti-static properties that reduce dust buildup.

Any single product that can do all this would be PURE MAGIC! :shrug:

I have tried SPECTRO 'ONE-STEP' DETAILER in the 14oz aerosol spray can ($8.99 CDN). I bought 2 cans of this CRAP. It sprays out in a white foam that is messy to use. In fact, one of the 2 cans ran out of propellant when I had only used less than 10% of the contents! :wrong:

I have also tried HONDA SPRAY CLEANER & POLISH ($11.99 CDN at my local Honda dealer). It was somewhat better at cleaning......especially bugs off the windshield & fibreglass and polishing the chrome. However, a can does not really go very far!!! I am 'religious' about cleaning and a major concern is always regularly and quickly cleaning brake dust etc off the alloy rims to help prevent 'pitting'. The HONDA cleaner didn't really seem to do much as a 'protectant' in this regard.

Suggestions???????????

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Check the price of Honda Spray Cleaner @ HDL.

Works the best of anything I have found so far, for quick clean ups, & some protection.

The wheels are a different animal altogether.

I just wash and scrub as necessary to clean them.
(Aluminum polish is a lot of work and doesn't really last very long).

If i can get Buck Huddle to return my phone calls I am buying Chrome Wheels...Then it is wash, and throw on a coat of wax.

·
Registered
2013 Red GW
5,924 Posts
Honda spray cleaner polish is about all I use. Lemon Pledge also works well and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I us the Original Spray. It is the spray that used to be the Honda Spray.
I think it works much better and seems to last longer than the Honda Spray.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Turtle Wax, ICE. Good stuff.

You have to keep shaking the bottle though , because the turtle keeps getting stuck in the spray nozzle. :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Turtle Wax, ICE. Good stuff.

You have to keep shaking the bottle though , because the turtle keeps getting stuck in the spray nozzle. :lol:
:agree:with Kit. My brother the Honda Service Manager turned me on to this stuff. I like how it works. Now, about that durn turtle. . .

·
Registered
468 Posts
I bought the Cajun Shine All Detailing Kit and Bikefest is Las Vegas a couple of years ago and will get more this year. It works very well.
http://www.cajunshineall.com/default.asp Unfortunately he was demonstrating it on a gorgous black Goldwing. Since the vast majority of people there rode American V twins, he wasn't attracting many buyers. Too bad, it's a great product.
Cliff.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I use the bomb. It works like cajun shine all. It maybe called Capt. Richards Best now. Works great on the whole bike. I hardly ever wash the bike anymore and I live on a dirt road. It's a 2002 and still looks good.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,127 Posts
I like Plexus from our board sponsor.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Wipe & Shine. It works great and takes the bugs off too.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Griot's Garage Waterless Carwash. I have a shelf full of cleaners that have been recommended over the years, but this takes off caked on mud and beads water too. I was a skeptic, but now buy it by the gallon:thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I use the bomb. It works like cajun shine all. It maybe called Capt. Richards Best now. Works great on the whole bike. I hardly ever wash the bike anymore and I live on a dirt road. It's a 2002 and still looks good.

I'm with Ken - I've used the Bomb for years - works great, very easy to use.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bead X Formula 113. Great all around detail spray. Use with a micro fiber towel.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts