GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy retirement to me...Happy retirement to me

As of next Thursday, July 28, 2011 I will officially be retired.

Back in March I mentioned that I had decided not to retire yet so I consoled myself with my new to me Travelite Camper. Since then things changed at work so I told them I was retiring anyway. So now I'm going to retire and still have my camper.

So after catching up on all the honey-do's I've gotta plan my first retirement trip...gotta figure out where it's cool. I don't mind riding in the heat but I don't like sleeping in the heat.

YIPEEEEEE...can you tell I'm excited?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Congratulations. I've got 49 more weeks to go; but who's counting;). Enjoy, you've earned it.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: and enjoy it!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
<...>So after catching up on all the honey-do's I've gotta plan my first retirement trip...gotta figure out where it's cool. I don't mind riding in the heat but I don't like sleeping in the heat.
Congrats!

Twist throttle, point the bike north...wait two days; then it'll be cool?? :doorag:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
MLSA,

Get rested up. You aint gonna have time for anything, once you retire.

Trust me!

Congrats and Enjoy your Family and Friends.

Bulldog

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Congrats on your retirement! On May 17th this year I walked into my boss' office and told them to fill out my retirement papers. I had owned my new Wing for less than a month and I was tired of not being able to ride it when I wanted to. Even though I had put over 70,000 miles on a Honda PC800 in 5 years I had only put on 47,000 miles on my R1100RT during the next 10 years due to my more hectic work schedule. I decided that life was too short for that. Less than a year to go before I turn the 60 I decided it was time to do some riding.

I know of very few people that have retired and regretted it. I certainly am enjoying the quiet life now. If you can call going riding on my new Goldwing every day the quiet life that is.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too I go Tuesday to file the papers,,,,
Congratulations George. I do my exit interview Thursday. I'll go out to the plant...say my goodbyes...pack my two remaining boxes and laptop up and then go to the main office for the interview.

My wife retired 5 years ago. She told me the other night to chill out and quit being so hyper about the retirement. LOL. She has had long enough to settle down after her retirement.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's Great! I am envious because I have to wait till next year.
:agree:
I already have a 10,000 trip planned for next summer. (of course I have been planning this trip for 5 years) My wife sounds excited about the trip also. Go figure. I guess she doesn't want to be left home.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep, congratulations.
As the fella above said, get rested up. Seems like I have less time available to me since I retired at the end of February. Of course, I have been really busy building a new house at the ranch for me and my girl.........(love of my life)
I'm glad you're enjoying the TravLite camper. I hope you get to enjoy it as long as I did. It was a little sad watching you tow it away from my house. But...........
When I went to the Florida Keys with it a couple of times, I would take a large, light weight taupe and stake it across the top of the sleeper end to block the direct sunlight and have an air gap between the taupe and sleeper top. This would help tremendously to bring the temperature down inside the camper. Try this when you are running the AC unit and see if it cools down even more. Also, at night, it will cool down below 78* anyway when the hot sun goes down.
Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I just turned a very young 62 in April.
:eek:4: Why didn't we have a party at Kerrville --- so did I.

No interviews though for me just got tired of opening the shop,,, :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats!!! I retired on Oct of 2007 at 45. Everyone told me I'd be working again within a year. They were so wrong, I am loving every minute and if I get any busier I'm hiring an assistant ! lol! Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Enjoy every minute of your retirement. July 31st will be 4 yrs since I retired and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. Doing things on your own schedule is what I like best about the retired life. And don't forget.....every day is Sat.

:congrats:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Congrats. Have been retired since 2004 and never regreted a day... Good luck, good health and good riding....:congrats:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Enjoy the retirement, I know I do mine. And now I'm enjoying more since the wife retired too.:doorag:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts