GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's one year old ( To Me ) Today is one year sense I went to Ok City to pick up "3PO" ( wife named it ) 2002 GL1800 Motor Trike, with 22.5 on the clock and, 0 on the kit. I found it on Ebay, and started an email and phone campaign to make the deal and arrange a good out come. With several phone calls, the deal was made. The owner was interested in my Ford F-250 more than keeping the Trike.

As seen on Ebay.

Now this time last year, it was 35 and trying to rain all the way from Kansas to San Antonio. I had to get the F-250 up and Trike back. Normally a no brainier but with the possibility of freezing rain and wind. A plan was devised to meet all needs. I would put the small truck on my trailer, and pull it up and switch, good idea and off we went to Ok City.

Got it loaded and it started to rain, and the wind was in the 40 mph range. Did I mention it was in the mid 30's, Burrrrrrr!!

The wife put a ribbon on it for me, and told me not to shake it.

My first trip of any distance was the first weekend of 2006, sunshine and in the 40/50 temp range. 100 or so miles one way.

As the year progressed so did the trips and distances, Rallies and camping trips and just out having fun on the road. Now there is 44.3 K on the clock. Just cant get enough.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Happy Anniversary :yes:

I may have misspelled that, but you get the drift

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
George, great story, looks like y'all had a great year on the road!!
Did the other brikes make fun of the ribbon?? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
:yes: :hb2: :yes: Happy Anniversary

·
Registered
337 Posts
:D Great photos, they'll make the winter go by faster! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts