GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only got about 150 miles in today, and I LOVED IT!! It did feel a little different as I posted after my maiden flight, but, the second time I went out today, it just felt "right".

This second trip, I was kinda looking for trouble. I aimed for the long tar strips and patches that run length-wise with the road, just to see how they would feel... they were a little squirmy, but not bad, maybe a tiny bit more squirmy with the CT.

Really, I haven't seed a down side to this combo at all. Had my buddy Troy on his HD behind me, and he said it looked like I "wasn't into the sidewall of the tire" like he thought I would be. He was impressed.

:lol:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Only got about 150 miles in today, and I LOVED IT!! It did feel a little different as I posted after my maiden flight, but, the second time I went out today, it just felt "right".

This second trip, I was kinda looking for trouble. I aimed for the long tar strips and patches that run length-wise with the road, just to see how they would feel... they were a little squirmy, but not bad, maybe a tiny bit more squirmy with the CT.

Really, I haven't seed a down side to this combo at all. Had my buddy Troy on his HD behind me, and he said it looked like I "wasn't into the sidewall of the tire" like he thought I would be. He was impressed.

:lol:
In my experience do some riding with the tire at say 35 psi then the next day at 34 psi..... test each..... you will find that sweet pressure that feels right and the Squirmy feeling will all but disappear on those long tar strips. Not saying your sweet spot will be 34 or 35 just using that as an example for a starting point. Start with a higher pressure and gradually work your way down. As you go past the "sweet spot" you WILL NOTICE the difference and then go back to it!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That's great Test Pilot!:thumbup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Tar strips are just going to be "Squirmy" on a hot day and that's about all there is to that.

Glad you enjoyed your ride. You might consider taking your front tire down to 36 PSI and see how you like it. It may not reduce the "Squirmies" but it will give you a softer ride and potentially better braking performance.
MM

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Thats alot more miles than i rode, its just to hot for me to ride at this time of year.
Come on Slim! It ain't to hot, I saw that picture of 110mph you posted. I have heard that it's not that hot at that speed!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I find that the CTs rarely notice the tar snakes. Are you sure it wasn't your front. :shrug:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find that the CTs rarely notice the tar snakes. Are you sure it wasn't your front. :shrug:
Could be!! I put a new BT45 out front on at the same time. In the morning I am going to lower the pressure in my front tire a few PSI and see what happens with that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats alot more miles than i rode, its just to hot for me to ride at this time of year.
Its supposed to be even more obnoxious tomorrow I guess. Yuck...

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Hammer down, let the good times roll!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The Darkside is the best side.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Come on Slim! It ain't to hot, I saw that picture of 110mph you posted. I have heard that it's not that hot at that speed!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:
If i get caught going that speed, hot won't be the word for it.That was the last time i got up to that speed. I drive Rocketman speed now.:thumbup:

Its 96 degrees as i post this. To hot for Slim.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
If i get caught going that speed, hot won't be the word for it.That was the last time i got up to that speed. I drive Rocketman speed now.:thumbup:

Its 96 degrees as i post this. To hot for Slim.
96 degrees is what will keep you Slim :lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Yes, and dehydrated.
Dehydrated is bad. True story. I was down near Natchez,Mississippi and was fueling up in well over 100 degrees. Next thing I knew I was not feeling right. Next I woke up looking straight at the prettiest EMT I ever seen. She kept asking me my my name. My reply " is this is where I am going to spend my eternity ,I am ok with this !! " Her reply " your ok get up and drink some water " :lol: Got hauled to hospital with IV in me for liquids. Expensive taxi ride back to bike :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Dehydrated is bad. True story. I was down near Natchez,Mississippi and was fueling up in well over 100 degrees. Next thing I knew I was not feeling right. Next I woke up looking straight at the prettiest EMT I ever seen. She kept asking me my my name. My reply " is this is where I am going to spend my eternity ,I am ok with this !! " Her reply " your ok get up and drink some water " :lol: Got hauled to hospital with IV in me for liquids. Expensive taxi ride back to bike :eek:4:
Only you could have thought to say that.:lol:
Did you offer her a cookie?:lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Come on Slim, you haven't slowed down that much!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts