GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Goldwing 1 mil coverage 1k deductible Grey-Bruce, Lake Simcoe, Parry Sound, Muskoka, Haliburton territory. No claims, full coverage.

$1018 from TD Insurace for 2014 coverage due Feb 26 - 8.4% increase over last year.

McLennan Group (CARP) who has my car and house wants $1089 but that rate will change when my house and car are due in April.

Anyone from Ontario get a better quote for similar coverage ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am also with TD full coverage $500 deductable and the premium is $699. That includes multibike discount and other discounts because I also insure my home and auto with TD. Plus I am in one of those "group" rates through the University I went to. It went up by 50 bucks this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you JuhJohnson!!!

Based on your info I phoned TD and discovered that I was entitled to a discount because my wife is a graduate of U of T.

I will now pay $871 for the year. I had to cancel the policy with Primmum and open one with Meloche Monnex, both TD Insurance.

It may go down if I switch home and car in April.

I ran the numbers on your increase - 8.8% - close to mine.

Peter

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad I could help! Monnex is the same one I have also.

I've been with them for years but for piece of mind I am meeting with a friend of mine who works for a broker. I don't expect to save anything but it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Keep us posted guys on what you find out about the rates...if you don't mind. :thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
I just renewed with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex. $751. $1M liability, $500 deductible comprehensive, $1000 deductible collision. Last year I paid $694 living here, $953 living in Woodbridge.

I also get a discount because of having attended the University of Western Ontario. BTW, I don't believe they ever confirmed whether or not I actually attended UWO (if you get my drift).

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just renewed with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex. $751. $1M liability, $500 deductible comprehensive, $1000 deductible collision. Last year I paid $694 living here, $953 living in Woodbridge.

I also get a discount because of having attended the University of Western Ontario. BTW, I don't believe they ever confirmed whether or not I actually attended UWO (if you get my drift).
Hey Paul,

It's been all over the news- "Kingston has been deemed to be Canada's happiest city"...
Well no kidding..With motorcycle ins rates that low, I'd be smiling too!!!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/smile-wide-kingston-ont-named-canada-happiest-city-183106712.html

·
Registered
148 Posts
2014 Insuarnce rates

We just got ours from TD and its for $1088.00 and yes its up from last year! There is something I don't trust about them though and I work with insurance companies every day because of my business. No real surprises though!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Tan.....for living in Ab, you are paying way too much! While my bike is an 08 (bought in 09) I have full cover and replacement coverage (26,600.00) last year for it. 2,000,000.00 liability, and I'm paying 655.00 this year. And I live in Edmonton, disadvantaged compared to you in the Nest. Aviva which bought out Jevco is my provider. Call Blue Circle in Calgary, they offer the cheapest rates in Alberta.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Man, have you guys got it easy...:?

Here in Vancouver, my 2008 costs me around $1900 per year and that is with my 40% discount for being accident and ticket free.

As I'll turn 65 prior to my next license and insurance renewal I hope to see how much of a different my senior discount saves me.

One of the other sad things about insurance here in BC is having multiple vehicle and being able to drive only one at a time does not enable you to any discounts. Though our ICBC organization always preaches about safety, it does not matter how many licensed driving/riding courses you've taken, they don't garner you any discounts either.

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes Buzz57 I had Jevco and was paying $631.00 for my insurance. I go south for 5 months to Yuma AZ and unknown to me Jevco only give insurance out of Alberta for 89 days. So for 5 years I was driving with out insurance for 2 1/2 months each year. That is why I am now with TD insurance. I read all the fine print on my Jevco insurance contract and nothing said I was only good for 89 days out of province days. I found out because an other Alberten had an accident well in Yuma with Jevco insurance and then we found out it was only good for 89 days.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
$1036 for me in Ontario from TD. They suck too! I know it was well under a G note last year.:x:x:(:wrong:
Time to shop around again, I guess! Bastages!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
insurance

Well guys I switched to TD a year and half ago every thing went down about 20% House came do in oct. went up $200. bike comes do in feb. was paying last year$800+ see what happens this year.:eek:4::eek:4:probably shopping again this year. Well if I can save 5-600 every year I will do it . There is no benefit for loyalty.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Daddo,

I agree, ICBC is a HUGE ripoff.....just check out their site, and they try to explain why rates are more expensive in BC,,,,,nice try.
My basic rate for 2014 is $878.00 + $112 (third party $1,000,000) + $33 licence = $$1,023. I then shop between Coast Capital Savings & Megson Fitzpatrick for my collision/comp coverage.

ICBC does not give any discounts for rider training, either new rider or experienced....

rates in BC are based on engine size.......so a 600cc sport bike is cheaper to insure than a Wing......I wonder which bike has higher performance & who would purchase a sport bike vs a large cruiser?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Daddo,

I agree, ICBC is a HUGE ripoff.....just check out their site, and they try to explain why rates are more expensive in BC,,,,,nice try.
My basic rate for 2014 is $878.00 + $112 (third party $1,000,000) + $33 licence = $$1,023. I then shop between Coast Capital Savings & Megson Fitzpatrick for my collision/comp coverage.
I use Beacon for my secondary insurance (in BC), their reputation is good and the savings were substantial.
2 wheel Fleet insurance would sure be nice. :cry:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I use Beacon for my secondary as well. I had to deal with them on the collision side a couple of years ago when an idiot backed up into us and they handled their end well.

My daughter, also a rider, had a very bad experience with Fitzpatrich a few years back so I don't even consider their prices.

It is hard listening to others question their insurance rates after you've experienced ICBC when they really don't know how bad it can get.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Got Insurance from TD Bank a year and a half ago for my 2000 GL 1500 trike. No problem. Renewed policy with them for 1050.00 or so. Can't remember the actual price but close enough. Bought new bike last July and called them to insure it while awaiting for my trike kit to come in and have it installed. Lady says, we don't insure trikes!!!!!! What do you mean you don't insure trikes!!!!! You have mine now for at least 1 1/2 years.

I told her the fellow I called and named him said they insured trikes. She said, will get back to you. A week later she did. Told me they did not insure trikes but since they made the error they would insure it to the end of policy period or till I cancelled policy. They would not transfer the balance of the policy to my new trike when it came on the road. Said they would send me a refund on the balance of policy. Cancelled policy on Jan 1/2014 and to this day, still no refund. Policy would of expired on July first 2014. Need to call them up and raise some cane with them. Love to raise cane with insurance companies because I always say no to anything they say. Hate insurance companies. Legalize robbery by them.

Called Dalton Timmins and got rate. I am now paying the same thing for my 2013 GL 1800 trike valued at fifty thousand with one thousand deductible on both counts, two million liability with fire, theft and comprehensive. Those are the rates they gave me and come July first I will change my house and vehicle over to them to keep my rate on my trike. Rates on house and vehicle have gone down from what I paid with the company I am now with. I hope they do not go up until July first.

Called Timmins and see what they would charge you for your bike as The person I dealt with told me for just the bike as it was new, the rate would be less because of the value difference between the trike and the bike. They have offices in Mississaga, Oakville and other cities and towns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts