GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin' to add xm to my '08 gl
Can anyone give feedback on the onyx and how well it works and how it mounts?
Thanks much,
Cat

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Can't help you out, but following this thread.

...and besides, you're part of the CAT family. :joke:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have an onyx in a car. It works fairly well, but I can't imagine trying to run it in an environment exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sirrius

Used it for a long time but I used a Tupperware cover with the elastic band when I thought it was going to rain

·
Registered
157 Posts
i like my onyx and were i mounted it
i should say i ran the wires along the windshield and under the left mirror rubber and tucked all excess wireing under left pocket mounted the antena ontop of the dash good reception run the wire long wind shield edge and under rubber then tucked all excess wiring under left pocket were i also added a double power socket one for the xm and left it under the pocket and feed the other along the wire for the head sets and use it for any other power i may need

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like my onyx and were i mounted it
i should say i ran the wires along the windshield and under the left mirror rubber and tucked all excess wireing under left pocket mounted the antena ontop of the dash good reception run the wire long wind shield edge and under rubber then tucked all excess wiring under left pocket were i also added a double power socket one for the xm and left it under the pocket and feed the other along the wire for the head sets and use it for any other power i may need
Thanks for the pic and info.
Cat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts